#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Let's have a little respect for RTH. Beyond the fact that he is incredibly reliable, he has been an invaluable asset to this site. For those of us who love the box office, his early insight has been a gift of sorts.

This is true!!!!

• Like 1

How would IO only do 84 for the weekend? They think it's going to drop 25% today or something?

I still wonder how much of the Friday number was from Tuesday? Maybe that's what is throwing everyone off?

They just gave us free AMC movie passes for the inconvenience. Only about 30 U.S. of here. Smart theater.

It is shocking they didn't put the movie in their smallest screen to begin with :lol: 

Should drop less than 20% but not locked. Dragon 2 opened on FD weekend last year and dropped a bit over 20%. Close enough though. 15ish percent sounds about right for IO. I'm expecting 92-95 for the weekend.

Saturday shouldn't go below 30 based on everything we know about animated openers. The last 4 Pixar openers have all dropped between 4-10% on Sat. Even TS3 breaking the animated OD record didn't drop more than 10% on Sat. So yeah, 90 for the weekend at least.

They just gave us free AMC movie passes for the inconvenience. Only about 30 U.S. of here. Smart theater.

Wow that's nice. I had to wait 30 minutes for San Andreas to start because of a power outage and didn't get even an apology.

Box office Mojo, I was looking at the limited release date though, Cjohn is right

I was about to say this. The movie did open on a Friday... in one theater :lol: After that it expanded in the following Wednesday into 3700+ theaters. That is his real OD, IMO. 

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, when this happens do the theaters have to give the $ value of the ticket/pass to the studio after it's redeemed?

It's basically a pass to see a movie of equal value to your current screening. So in this case, no 3D, no IMAX, etc.

However, I used a pass to watch this movie. I guess I'm just getting another pass. :P

• Like 2

Variety -

2 hours ago - just updated

‘Jurassic World’ Headed for $103 Million, ‘Inside Out’ Happy at $84 Million at Weekend B.O.

The power of emotions proved to be serious competition against the power of velociraptors at the box office last night. Disney-Pixar’s “Inside Out” exceeded early expectations and made $34 million Friday night, beating “Jurassic World” for the evening on its way to becoming one of Pixar’s biggest openings with $84 to $89 million for the weekend.

read more here -

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/jurassic-world-inside-out-box-office-records-saturday-1201524591/

At 34m it's locked for 90.

• Like 2

I was about to say this. The movie did open on a Friday... in one theater :lol: After that it expanded in the following Wednesday into 3700+ theaters. That is his real OD, IMO. 

Yeah, for purposes of calculating multipliers it did not open on a Friday lol.

• Like 1