CoolioD1

Best Adapted/Original Screenplay 2011

The WGA has declared the following films ineligible for its guild awards (essentially denying them the chance at an Oscar boost from this pretty important guild):

Original Screenplay

The Artist

Beginners

The Iron Lady

The Lady

Like Crazy

Margin Call

Martha Marcy May Marlene

Melancholia

Rango

Shame

Take Shelter

Adapted Screenplay

Albert Nobbs

Carnage

Drive

Jane Eyre

My Week with Marilyn

Sarah's Key

The Skin I Live In

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

http://www.hitfix.co...tenders-for-wga

A lot of the time the ineligibility comes from improper paperwork or arcane rules that only the WGA cares about. But in a BP race that's pretty wide open, perception is everything and a film not getting nominated for a WGA award creates a perception against it and in favor of a film that is nominated.

Edited by 4815162342

Adapted:The DescendantsExtremely Loud and Incredibly CloseMoneyballTinker, Tailor, Soldier, SpyWar HorseSeems this race will be between Moneyball and Descendants. Should be an interesting one.Original:The ArtistBridesmaids50/50Midnight in ParisYoung AdultMargin Call could easily make it in there. That movie seems to be surprisingly picking up a lot of steam.

Forgot that Descendents is adapted. Just making that more difficult. Right now I think War Horse could win.Before you mentioned that I finally had my predicts set as this:Loud and CloseThe HelpMoneyballHugoWar Horse

25, 30 years ago-Bridesmaids would be nominated. Not so sure now though as major comedies really never get nominated for original screenplay anymore. (Hangover, Tropic Thunder, Knocked Up, to name a few. Heck not even Groundhogs Day could get a nod in 1993-though Sleepless in Seattle and Dave did to be fair.)Though on the plus side-Borat did manage to get nominated for adapted.Original:The ArtistMidnight in ParisYoung Adult (Even if I didn't care for the diolouge of Juno, it was a decent movie I will admit)Yikes not sure what else to put. (And outside of MIP and Artist, are there really any other films that are in the running for BP that are original this year?)Adapted-I will get back to you on that. I had ones I had in mind on the above post.And I still wish True Grit or TS3 won last year.