CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

I think the general worry may be the same as I originally postulated - that the films won't fit together. This extends to the look of the films - if they were all auteur films with absolutely distinct cinematography, editing, music, tone, etc., would it be difficult to fit them into crossovers?

Using Marvel as an example again- I think Daredevil is some of the finest work in the MCU, and it's of completely different tone and feel than the movies, and doesn't seem studio made at all. Obviously it's a TV show on Netflix, not a major movie, but it's gained a massive audience and widespread acclaim without having to bend its will to references to Infinity Rings and power orbs. Presenting the characters, story, and world in an interesting way should be the first priority, and fitting the pieces into the larger puzzle should come AFTER that's ensured. 

Here's how we're doing!

Minions - 2,164(9 more shows left to go)

Inside Out managed a total of 2,338 on 6/19, so Minions will have no problem stomping all over that here in Corpus.

Omega, you mentioned the other day that y'all put Minions on at least one of your large format screens. Did you still have Jurassic playing on the biggest screens at the time Inside Out opened? Reason I asked is that could be a little boost for Minions compared to Inside Out (higher prices for large format screen).

• Like 1

Yeah man, he's a regular Terence Malick. 

I am not saying the movie is his vision. It isn't. All that sequel setup is there because the studio needs it. But it was Trevorrow that said for them to open the park and have a genetically modified monster destroying it.

Edited by CJohn

Feige went from 100 thinkpieces about how he was the visionary behind the MCU in summer 2012 to creative control freak who breaks the legs of directors' "vision" because they have to fit their ideas to the MCU in Summer 2015.

Funny.

• Like 2

I am not saying the movie is his vision. It isn't. All that sequel setup is there because the studio needs it. But it was Trevorrow that said for them to open the park and have a genetically modified monster destroying it.

The question of the day though is was it his idea to have BDH and Pratt randomly make out?

The difference with SW (and, to a much lesser extent, the FAST series) is that Abrams and Wan have greater clout and leverage than most of the guys picked for many of these franchise things.

Which doesn't make much of a difference. They try to push their luck while working on these franchise machines and they'll be out on their ass just like the nobodies

The difference with SW (and, to a much lesser extent, the FAST series) is that Abrams and Wan have greater clout and leverage than most of the guys picked for many of these franchise things.

The SW7 doesn't even make much sense. I can't believe they didn't gave JJ Abrams what he wanted to make his vision a reality. 

The question of the day though is was it his idea to have BDH and Pratt randomly make out?

Dude, they already had a date before and liked each other. 

• Like 1

I think people yearn for that though. I'd much rather see something like Batman Returns than Iron Man 2 for instance.

So would I but it's not happening.