CoolioD1

Best Animated Feature 2011

Why does everybody think Rango will win? It was very mediocre.

That couldn't just be your opinion, could it?Anyway, why are people putting "indie film" in their predictions? As far as I'm concerned that's copping out. At least research some of the films. :P

Anyway, why are people putting "indie film" in their predictions? As far as I'm concerned that's copping out. At least research some of the films. :P

Definitely copping out this year. :lol: Too lazy to research and I'm not too excited about the animation this year... I'll just follow the buzz this year.

Yeah I did. For me I think it came out at a bad time... I was still hung over from the buzz that was 2010, so IMO, Rango was "just" good when I first saw it. Then as the year went on and everything else that came out was not up to the same 2010 standards (and worse, actually), when I saw Rango the second time, it looked much better... It definitely is the most unique wide release movie of 2011 and I would guess it's the frontrunner. I guess I can believe it's Rango's to lose unless that indie film surprises everyone and takes it.

A THR awards "analyst" listed his predicted noms. http://www.hollywood...-foreign-263760

1. The Adventures of Tintin The Steven Spielberg-Peter Jackson film has tremendous reviews, but will the Academy deem its motion-capture "animated" enough to qualify for the category?

2. Rango It opened way back in March, but solid reviews and nearly $250 million in worldwide box office have kept it in the thick of things ever since.

3. Happy Feet Two The first Happy Feet beat the first Cars for the Oscar five years ago, and now their sequels are going head to head.

4. Cars 2 This sequel to one of Pixar's weakest films improved on the original in terms of quality, if not box office.

5. Arthur Christmas Sony Animation's leading contender, released Nov. 23 in 3D,will be getting a big awards push. Sony is all in on this movie.

TINTIN is too light and insignificant to win, IMHO. It's a fun ride and very entertaining, but it's a trifle.

Does it need to be anything more? It's hugely entertaining. Raiders got a Best Picture nomination off the back of just being pure entertainment, I'm sure Tintin could win. Especially with this line up. It's either that or Rango, as I said before.

I'd love to see TinTin take it this year, it's a rollicking thrill ride. Rango would be my other choice as it was nice to see something different and more mature in animation. It has been a weak year for outstanding animated films, but so far the majority have been at least fun for me. Arthur Christmas was disappointing though.

Well I really enjoyed the Cars franchise but I do agree it was kind of weak. Also the animated films have been very disappointing this year (as a fan of animated movies not happy about that) so heres the nominations this year......1) Arthur Christmas - Its getting great reviews currently in the 90% range on RT2) Winnie The Pooh - Great reviews, pretty good movie and the 2d animation was just wonderful3) Rango - A very different type of film that was funny, charming, and a great watch4) The Adventures of Tintin - I'm on the fence about this film being nominated since I have not seen it and the reviews from the critics in the states have not been released yet but its made by Steven Speilberg and Peter Jackson and the screen writer was Edgar Wright (director of Shawn of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and Scott Pilgrim) so it will probably be great.5) (Insert Indie Film here) - I dont know what else they could possibly put here but I say insert an indie film

Does it need to be anything more? It's hugely entertaining. Raiders got a Best Picture nomination off the back of just being pure entertainment, I'm sure Tintin could win. Especially with this line up. It's either that or Rango, as I said before.

Tintin is lighter than Raiders. Despite me being a Tintin fan, I'm just not sure it has enough oomph to get it.