grim22

Weekend Actuals 7/17-7/19 | Ant-Man 57.23M DEMOLISHING , Minions 49.27M TOXIC WOM, TW 30.1M,IO 11.54M, JW 11.45M CRUMBLING

Now that tv shows hijacking the thread any love for True Detective s2. Digging it so far.

I think it is good but suffers a lot from following a masterpiece of a season.

My mum came in when it ended and thought someone had died irl.

:lol: 

Never seen any of Lost. Thought the general consensus was it went off the rails in later seasons?

People thought it went too Sci-Fi. People thought the show which had a smoke monster in the first season got too Sci-Fi...

• Like 1

LOST finale: all the feels.

In terms of specific action that happens (pre-coda), it's goofy as hell and basically forces metaphysics into literal physical objects, which is incredibly reductive. Not as thuddingly bad as midichlorians, but not great either.

But man. The feels.

• Like 3

Never seen any of Lost. Thought the general consensus was it went off the rails in later seasons?

Ya it did for a sec, but it got good again.

Lost Season 1 is the best season of TV Ever.

The worst of it was actually a few episodes here and there in the middle seasons... there were times where you realized the writers were hamstrung by not knowing how long they needed to keep things going. Once Lindelof and Cuse worked out a deal with ABC about an exit strategy, things picked up.

However, the show wasn't afraid to really get into science-fiction-y concepts (and to combine them with pretty metaphysical stuff too), so your tolerance for the show depends on how much you like that sort of thing. Even at its loopiest, though, LOST had great, great characters and really did a fantastic job casting even minor roles.

edit: I think a lot of moments that really pissed off people at the time probably play a lot better now, since you can just jump to the next episode. The writers weren't afraid to build up to some crazy cliffhanger and then jump back in time a few days or jump to a different group of characters with events unfolding at the same time as the cliffhanger. So for people who had to wait a week (or more) between episodes, it could be very nerve-wracking at times.

Edited by Telemachos

People thought it went too Sci-Fi. People thought the show which had a smoke monster in the first season got too Sci-Fi...

People nowadays do stupid shit like this every day :lol: 

The worst of it was actually a few episodes here and there in the middle seasons... there were times where you realized the writers were hamstrung by not knowing how long they needed to keep things going. Once Lindelof and Cuse worked out a deal with ABC about an exit strategy, things picked up.

However, the show wasn't afraid to really get into science-fiction-y concepts (and to combine them with pretty metaphysical stuff too), so your tolerance for the show depends on how much you like that sort of thing. Even at its loopiest, though, LOST had great, great characters and really did a fantastic job casting even minor roles.

I agree with you on that, which is why it is really strange that literally no one from LOST broke out big time once the show was done. Evangeline Lilly came close but became the stereotypical love interest in both Hobbit (with the entire divine handjob) and Ant-Man. I really thought Josh Holloway would have got more roles since Sawyer was an awesome character. Matthew Fox got Alex Cross and a one scene appearance in WWZ.

• Like 3

I'm only halfway through the first season. Stopped to watch season 3 of OITNB, finale was good but disappointing overall

OITNB is turning Piper in Walter White, the show even acknowledges that aspect. Really weird choice so far, but lets see how season 4 handles that.

• Like 1

I agree with you on that, which is why it is really strange that literally no one from LOST broke out big time once the show was done. Evangeline Lilly came close but became the stereotypical love interest in both Hobbit (with the entire divine handjob) and Ant-Man. I really thought Josh Holloway would have got more roles since Sawyer was an awesome character. Matthew Fox got Alex Cross and a one scene appearance in WWZ.

Fox is crazy and an asshole which probably didn't help.

Yeah, whatever successes they had were basically in TV.

OITNB is turning Piper in Walter White, the show even acknowledges that aspect. Really weird choice so far, but lets see how season 4 handles that.

OITNB?