Blankments

99 Homes | September 25, 2015 | Andrew Garfield, Michael Shannon, Laura Dern (Goes Wide October 9)

So will it be considered as a 2015 release? Is it eligible for consideration during the awards season?

As long as it was not released for any qualifying period in theaters last year, it is considered a 2015 release.

It's not uncommon for films to get screened at film festivals but not get released until the following year (since the festival is in many cases where they get bought by a distributor).

For example The Hurt Locker screened at the Venice and Toronto Film Festivals in September 2008, but was not released in U.S. theaters until June 26, 2009.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

This released in like 20 cinemas in my country, fortunately one of those was the one I work at. The film is one of the best movies of the year, if anyone gets the chance to see it, they really should.

Edited by 99 Trees
  • Like 1

Shannon is the best. I've even come to appreciate his performance in Man of Steel. He read that script and knew the role was some bullshit, so he shows up on set giving zero fucks and goes back and forth between mugging for the camera and SHOUTING HIS LINES