chasmmi

Chasmmi's Winter Game - Grey Ghost is the WINNER!

8 hours ago, Infernus said:

But I think we won't win any points for any correct answer if we (the users of cut short) get this wrong and will simply lose 28,000 points. And that too only if we get every other question correct (except the void/lifesaver one). So the best case scenario for both of us, if Revenant does win, is losing 28,000 points...

Cut Short makes the answer correct but you lose those points. I have one question left that is 4K ahead of the losing wuestion, so that's the max left to win for me.

18 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Cut Short makes the answer correct but you lose those points. I have one question left that is 4K ahead of the losing wuestion, so that's the max left to win for me.

I really don't think its supposed to work that way but I hope you are right.

Estimated answers:

1. Will Revenant increase into 2nd position? Yes

2. Will any new release make more than $10M? 2000 Yes 

3. Will Joy remain in the top 8? No

4. Will Sisters remain above Road Chip? 3000 Yes

5. Which of the 2 main new entries will have the higher PTA? The Forest

6. Will hateful 8's total gross pass Krampus' total gross by the end of the weekend? No

7. Will Good Dinosaur overtake Mockingjay this weekend? No

8. Will at least 3 films have a Friday increase of 200% or more? 2000 No

9. Will Creed's Weekend gross stay above $2M? No

10. Will Daddy's home's total gross overtake Good Dinosaur's total gross by end of Saturday? 3000 No

11. Will Anesthesia have a PTA above $5000? Yes

12. Will Brooklyn, Carol or Spotlight have the best percentage change this weekend? 2000 EVERYONE IS CORRECT

13. Will any film in the top 8 end this weekend in a higher position than it was last weekend? Yes 

14. What film will have the biggest drop in the top 15? 3000 Point Break

15. Did I finally make it through the weekly questions without making a Star Wars based one? Sort of

10/15 - 2000

11/15 - 3000

12/15 - 5000

13/15 - 7000

14/15 - 9000

15/15 - 12000

Part 2.

1. What will The Forest and Masked Saint's combine OW totals be? 5000 ?

2. What will be the difference in gross between Sisters and Alvin this weekend? 5000 1.67M

3. What will be the difference in gross between Revenant's weekend this weekend and Hateful 8's weekend last weekend ($15.7M)? 22.3M

Part 3.

3. Daddy's Home

5. Sisters

7. The Big Short

10. Concussion

12. Mockingjay

15. Carol

3/6 2000

4/6 4000

5/6 7000

6/6 10000

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Revenant

It was in the counting? It wasn't in the top 8 last weekend. Wouldn't the question be completely obvious otherwise? And wouldn't everybody have answered Yes in that case? Even Chasmmi himself answered No so this was definitely not a freebie either.

Edited by Infernus

10 minutes ago, Infernus said:

It was in the counting? It wasn't in the top 8 last weekend. Wouldn't the question be completely obvious otherwise? And wouldn't everybody have answered Yes in that case? Even Chasmmi himself answered No so this was definitely not a freebie either.

"Will any film in the top 8" = top 8 this weekend. SW, Revenant, Daddy's Home, etc.

"end this weekend in a higher position than it was last weekend? "

Answer: Yes.

6 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

When I asked Chasmmi due to confusion on cut short, he said it makes you only lose the question's point value if you're wrong. Opposed to if you get a question wrong normally, you lose the amount of the last question you decided to answer to. So if you answered to 32k and got the 16k question wrong, 32k is normally what you would lose but cut short on the question would only make it 16k. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

When I asked Chasmmi due to confusion on cut short, he said it makes you only lose the question's point value if you're wrong. Opposed to if you get a question wrong normally, you lose the amount of the last question you decided to answer to. So if you answered to 32k and got the 16k question wrong, 32k is normally what you would lose but cut short on the question would only make it 16k. 

Ah. Well, good to know I'm not losing anything :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, misafeco said:

"Will any film in the top 8" = top 8 this weekend. SW, Revenant, Daddy's Home, etc.

"end this weekend in a higher position than it was last weekend? "

Answer: Yes.

Hmm... Well I see another 'correct for all' coming up then (unless some other movie ends up increasing over last weekend's position with the actuals). I am going to start looking at a few random others' answers starting from next week to check for any apparent confusion beforehand. Not a big fan of these correct for alls. 

• Like 1

I really wish people would bring this up before the weekends and not after. :P

Expanding films do irritate me as I almost always make a question without thinking about the fact that one film is definitely increasing 17,000%.

Yeah it looks like everyone is doing well this weekend by default as Revenant is correct I suppose, but it was definitely not supposed to be part of the calculation.

I am going to endeavour to make sure that the upcoming set of questions will have none of these unforeseen issues. (of course if another film increases then that makes the point mute.

• Like 1

Oscar Nominations are up, I'm going to take a stab at scoring SOTM 6.

Edit - Carol not getting nominated for Best Pic is spreading immense pain.

Edit2 - Danish Girl not getting nominated for Makeup is hurting, too. Some people are getting huge points on Spotlight, though.

Edit3 - Peanuts and Good Dino both being shut out might have actually cost more total points than even Carol did.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1