WrathOfHan

Weekend Thread | Official estimate: The Martian 55M. Rth Sunday Est Pg43: 13.4M. Gravity will remain October OW record holder.

The Walk was fine.

Definitely could have cut down on JGL's monologuing from atop the Statue of Liberty

Once the actual walk began, the narration should have stopped. It added nothing from that point until the ending scene, "Forever" was delivered perfectly though.

The middle needed serious trimming. It felt like it went on 20 minutes too long before getting him on the wire.

• Like 1

Once the actual walk began, the narration should have stopped. It added nothing from that point until the ending scene, "Forever" was delivered perfectly though.

The middle needed serious trimming. It felt like it went on 20 minutes too long before getting him on the wire.

I am curious to see the walk on a big screen in 3D. I hope it delivers.

I am gonna say something, after the kinda shitty I can't say it is shitty TDKR ghost-directed by Snyder, Man of Steel was a big improvement compared to it. Snyder learned a lot by ghost-directing TDKR.

Edited by CJohn

I am curious to see the walk on a big screen in 3D. I hope it delivers.

As literally every review has pointed out, the actual walk is done really well and the 3D is flat out amazing in a few shots. It just takes way too long to get there and no character apart from JGL is actually developed beyond their one stereotype.

• Like 1

I LOVED The Martian! Better than the book, and much better than the grossly overrated Gravity (sorry Sandy, you still hold a special place in my heart!). Watney sometimes came off as smug in the book and his humor felt forced at times, but Damon makes it work. All of it works -- the action, the thrills, the suspense, the emotional journey, the disco music (the song that plays over the end credits LMAO). 

And where are the dweebs who said Jessica Chastain is barely in the movie?? WTF. 

Go King Ridley! Fingers crossed that WOM carries this to $200M+ DBO. 

Edited by Boogie Nights

As literally every review has pointed out, the actual walk is done really well and the 3D is flat out amazing in a few shots. It just takes way too long to get there and no character apart from JGL is actually developed beyond their one stereotype.

But Jean-Ralphio's in the movie.

Yeah, I can't wait to see it just for the walk itself. I don't see a 3D movie since TASM2 (and this was a free advanced screening). I am not counting IMAX 3D here, since I saw Everest in the format just 1 week ago.

Yeah, I can't wait to see it just for the walk itself. I don't see a 3D movie since TASM2 (and this was a free advanced screening). I am not counting IMAX 3D here, since I saw Everest in the format just 1 week ago.

I wish it was shot in IMAX, the final scene would have been amazing if it had filled the whole screen like the Ghost Protocol Burj sequence.

• Like 1

Oh yeah Before Midnight, it's in my top 10. 

Also: Behind the Candelabra, This is The End, Frances Ha, The Past, Pacific Rim, Upstream Color, SPRING BREAKERS, The Conjuring, SPRING BREAKERS, Post Tenebras Lux, The Act of Killing, Leviathan (the fish movie), Room 237, SPRING BREAKERS, Ain't Them Bodies Saints etc.

• Like 1

Oh yeah Before Midnight, it's in my top 10. 

Also: Behind the Candelabra, This is The End, Frances Ha, The Past, Pacific Rim, Upstream Color, SPRING BREAKERS, The Conjuring, SPRING BREAKERS, Post Tenebras Lux, The Act of Killing, Leviathan (the fish movie), Room 237, SPRING BREAKERS, Ain't Them Bodies Saints etc.

Dat Frances Ha turnaround.