Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

lol everyone is so salty that Civil War disappointed. At least I'm honest in saying BvS was a major disappointment.

I don't see how any Marvel fan could be salty right now.

ffs I'm super hyped for a fucking Thor movie.

Edited by Nosferatu Zodd

14 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Why the fuck are you so stupid chimpmonkey?

Stupidity is your strong-suit, not mine.

I'm being logical and unemotional. Everyone else is getting upset over Civil War having a disappointing box office run.

5 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Stupidity is your strong-suit, not mine.

I'm being logical and unemotional. Everyone else is getting upset over Civil War having a disappointing box office run.

Still ten times better than BvS. Idiot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

It's been months. We can stop pretending that $871M is a flop. Only  $129M away from that prestigious club. Not bad for a film with 28% on RT.

Transformers got there and it has like, 18 lol

On 5/28/2016 at 9:30 PM, Hangman said:

2016 so far:

X-Men : Apocalypse: A

CA: Civil War: B+

Deadpool: B-

BvS: C-

I'll go with:

CW-A+

DP-A-

Xmen-C+

BvS-F

6 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

If you don't think Civil War has had a SEVERELY disappointing run, then you're lying to yourself.

See Alice in Wonderland for a "SEVERELY disappointing run".   CS opened right where I thought it would (almost exactly) and is going to end up about where I thought to.   So it's certainly not "disappointing" to me.

6 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

Right, because the movie MOST thought would open $200+ mil, barely out-opened IM3 and will finish below it Domestically and Worldwide.

Oh...you are talking about the "most" who kept saying CW was an Avengers movie and are now blaming the movie for not matching their wrong predictions based on it being an Avengers movie.   Obviously the numbers aren't backing up the idea that the public sees it as an Avengers movie.   It's hard to get around that big "Captain America" in the title of the movie.

And any Marvel fan who thought it was funny that BvS did so badly in various ways should rethink that since CW had to follow a stinker in the marketplace.   The public doesn't know the difference and directly following a movie the public didn't like is going to have a negative effect on the box office of the next one.   The "victory" is costly to the franchise you like too.    I thought following a "vs" movie was a negative effect too and that kept my "expectations" in check.

47 minutes ago, Nosferatu Zodd said:

I don't see how any Marvel fan could be salty right now.

It does seem like a stretch to suggest Marvel fans could be unhappy.   Marvel just hit it out of the park with CW.

47 minutes ago, Nosferatu Zodd said:

ffs I'm super hyped for a fucking Thor movie.

Ok...I'm looking forward to Thor 3 because I like the idea of mixing in different characters like CW did....but anyone else get a chill when that guy said "a mashup of Planet Hulk and Ragnarok"?      ....Isn't that what BvS did with Death of Superman/Batman Returns/Flashpoint/Death in the Family?     *shudder*

To say "the public knows the difference between Captain America movies and Avengers movies" and then say "the public doesn't know the difference between the vs films" is so unbelievably hilarious. Keep on defending that hill!

2 minutes ago, Hangman said:

These reason why CW isn't a A+ movie for me is because there were a lot of boring parts to it. I never found X-Men, DP, or BvS boring. BvS had a bunch of stupid, poorly written, bad, etc. moments, but it wasn't boring like a lot of CW. Plus CW had annoying shaky-cam.

But CW had the airport scene which is probably the greatest super hero scene ever so it makes up for some of it.

BvS had probably the most boring 1/2 half of any superhero movie.