Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I mean they're easily my two least favorite movies of the year so far. But despite BvS being a rather bad movie its chill with me it doesn't make me mad. Civil War on the other hand makes me vehemently angry every time I talk about it

I understand.  I like both films as well and will even be getting the BvS extended cut tomorrow.  

So what is drawing out your anger about CW? 

5 minutes ago, 75live said:

I can understand that take.  I'll know tomorrow about the extra 30 minutes and if it will change the movie or not

I'm part of the problem. I'm buying that Blu Ray tomorrow :sadben:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Why does CW make you mad?

I'm probably one if the least Marvel-y people here, but it doesn't make me all pissed off. 

Well I think part of the problem is that I have been really into these movies (AoU, TWS, IM3) and I do like thses characters but here they are just so vastly less interesting than they have been in the past.

One of my biggest problems with it is I feel like it favors Steve over Tony. Tony was wrong about Steve's intentions the whole time, he acts like an idot at the end and Steve gets the “bigger man” moments by A. Not killing Tony and B. Writing the apology letter

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Well I think part of the problem is that I have been really into these movies (AoU, TWS, IM3) and I do like thses characters but here they are just so vastly less interesting than they have been in the past.

One of my biggest problems with it is I feel like it favors Steve over Tony. Tony was wrong about Steve's intentions the whole time, he acts like an idot at the end and Steve gets the “bigger man” moments by A. Not killing Tony and B. Writing the apology letter

I mean, the movie is called Captain America: Civil War :lol:  

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I mean, the movie is called Captain America: Civil War :lol:  

But prior to release the Russos and others involved talked about the grey areas and moral delimmas of the film which is part of what got me really excited. But the film feels very black and white: Steve is right, Tony is wrong

47 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

But prior to release the Russos and others involved talked about the grey areas and moral delimmas of the film which is part of what got me really excited. But the film feels very black and white: Steve is right, Tony is wrong

yes it's not as gray as some make it out to be, but I do understand both sides motivations.  However, yes, I was always on Cap's side the whole time

• Like 1

On 6/11/2016 at 9:02 AM, Darth Homer said:

Finally put down my thoughts on BvS, Civil War and the dreaded "superhero fatigue". 

http://imaginary-cinema.blogspot.com/2016/06/captain-america-civil-war-and-superhero.html

Great write ups! I pretty much agree with you 100% on CW and BvS. I did see Apocalypse, and liked it alot better than most people, but it certainly does have problems. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am gonna buy the digibook :redcapes:

same  here.  Yay for Target this time :P 

of course I need the Batman cover so I have to get there early ;) 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 75live said:

same  here.  Yay for Target this time :P 

of course I need the Batman cover so I have to get there early ;) 

I thought they had one in the cover and the other in the back?

5 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Of course Steve is right, he's Steve! and it's Called Captain America. I did feel sympathy for Tony in the film though, so that is an achievement in itself considering how I was beginning to dislike the character because IM3. I loved Civil War, it's still my favorite film of the year. I mostly loved how even though there was alot of characters in it, it was small scale and personal. and I feel like it's the first time it shows there characters as people, doing everyday things and they make mistakes like everyone else, and Steve's willingness  to go so far for Bucky, his motives although noble were really kind of selfish and somehow it made me love him even more, I seem to completely disagree with you on this man. you love IM3 too don't ya? :lol:

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

I thought they had one in the cover and the other in the back?

I think the slip on may be that, but I am pretty sure the book has different covers according to Target's website

but I could have read it wrong as I only had a quick time to glance it at work

edit - and it looking now with more time, yeah I must have missed the lenticular part so I guess the cover does have both when you move it side to side

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1