Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Hey, wanna know my thoughts on Marvel vs. DC?  They're both studios that people decide to flood the weekend threads with pointless bickering and endless discussion with no purpose whatsoever.

There's a Marvel vs. DC thread you know.  Don't clog up the thread with it unless it's being used to compare Suicide Squad with other CBM's.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

But why? Why do you guys keep doing this? This forum is a fucking cancer right now.

People should stop making inaccurate comments in that topic and expect no one is allowed to fact check them just because it's in the "taboo" MCU vs DCEU subject matter. 

7 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

:circles: I can't help it, just one reply:

Adjusted is meaningless, though. It's not like the studios got that extra money.

:ohmygod:

:kitschjob: 

Adjutsed is not meaningless, especially when you consider budgets adjust down and up too. Wanna talk about how those early MCU films didn't cost 300m a piece either? ;)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

People should stop making inaccurate comments in that topic and expect no one is allowed to fact check them just because it's in the "taboo" MCU vs DCEU subject matter. 

There are loads of people who have chosen a side and will defend it to the death, if you're following American politics right now you know facts don't matter

Sometimes you just gotta let it go

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Star Trek and Bourne.

Bourne is Universal, not Paramount.

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Adjutsed is not meaningless, especially when you consider budgets adjust down and up too. Wanna talk about how those early MCU films didn't cost 300m a piece either? ;)

So what you are saying is that Civil War sold less tickets (because of 3D) than the first Iron Man and that if released today Iron Man 1 would have grossed 384M? Ok gotcha ya lol. 

Besides no DCEU movie cost 300M either. Stop with the nonsense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Who is saying they did? If we're talking successes, aren't we talking about money returning to the studio? Otherwise it's just us spinning numbers however we want, in our little ivory towers.

The only thing adjusted numbers are good for is giving us a sense of how "big" a movie was in a cultural context.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Who is saying they did? If we're talking successes, aren't we talking about money returning to the studio? Otherwise it's just us spinning numbers however we want, in our little ivory towers.

The only thing adjusted numbers are good for is giving us a sense of how "big" a movie was in a cultural context.

This thread needs to be nuked from orbit with all the nonsense being throwed around.

• Like 1

If people aren't talking about whether the films in the DCEU are making money, they'll be sure to start the DC vs Marvel debate again. Because we haven't been through this a million and one times in this thread alone. 

We get it. DC is so much more successful than Marvel because they're averaging $300M a film in the DCEU but WAIT! Marvel started releasing their films in 2008 a totally different climate back then for CBM and they didn't start with their heavy hitters. And then it just keeps going on and on and on and with people repeating the same thing over and over again. 

We get it. Seriously. 

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

There's a ton of context you need to apply when comparing a 2016 performance to a 2008 performance, adjusting for inflation is the least of your worries

Not least of which is the context that a 2008 film about a B list superhero nearly beat a 2016 film about the two biggest superheroes of all time in unadjusted gross. 

• Like 2

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Not least of which is the context that a 2008 film about a B list superhero nearly beat a 2016 film about the two biggest superheroes of all time in unadjusted gross. 

WW tells a different story. Again, we can play this game in multiple ways and in the end everybody loses.

Yeah literally everyone knows, Alfred's just a big Batman/Superman fan. It's cool

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

WW tells a different story. Again, we can play this game in multiple ways and in the end everybody loses.

You mean the context of the OS market in 2008 in comparison to the reach of the one in 2016 tells a different story? I don't think so. Try again. 

Edited by MovieMan89

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

You mean the context of the OS market in 2008 in comparison to the reach of the one in 2016 tells a different story? I don't think so. Try again. 

What lol? Wtf have you lost it completely? Are you saying that movies didnt do 500M OS in 2008? Ahahahaha didnt TDK gross close to that in that year?

Just now, CJohn said:

What lol? Wtf have you lost it completely?

No have you? What OS market were you tracking in '08? Cause the one I lived in was not even in the same stratosphere as the one that exists today. That's like comparing the OS market in the 90's to the late 00's. Not even close to the same reach from expansion. 

In any case all that's left are the movies, BvS is shit and from what I hear MOS and Suicide Squad aren't all that either. At least there was a general sense that the Marvel movies were kinda good, maybe even great sometimes. Although at this point, I'm avoiding both, maybe if they don't get my money they'll stop making these films.

• Like 1

No have you? What OS market were you tracking in '08? Cause the one I lived in was not even in the same stratosphere as the one that exists today. That's like comparing the OS market in the 90's to the late 00's. Not even close to the same reach from expansion. 

TDK grossed almost 500M OS in that year when Iron Man did what? 250M? Lol.

And if we go by that the DOM market also changed a lot since 2008.

Just now, lab276 said:

In any case all that's left are the movies, BvS is shit and from what I hear MOS and Suicide Squad aren't all that either. At least there was a general sense that the Marvel movies were kinda good, maybe even great sometimes. Although at this point, I'm avoiding both, maybe if they don't get my money they'll stop making these films.

:sadben:

• Like 2