Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Since when do other films effect events? They'll just catch Avatar next week, then again the next week, then another couple dozen times.

The 3D craze that helped Avatar reach such enormous heights is gone, it can still do big international wise, but if Mortal Engines does $250M+, Spidey does $300M+, and Poppins does $150M+, A2 will do $540M to $600M domestic but do well internationally but deal with lowered exchange rates.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

The 3D craze that helped Avatar reach such enormous heights is gone, it can still do big international wise, but if Mortal Engines does $250M+, Spidey does $300M+, and Poppins does $150M+, A2 will do $540M to $600M domestic but do well internationally but deal with lowered exchange rates.

You should short that for some sweet cash.

Your first mistake was thinking of A2 was a regular sequel and follow regular sequel patterns. A complete underestimation of pure class and talent, a disrespect of the box office king on a box office theory website.

• Like 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

You should short that for some sweet cash.

Your first mistake was thinking of A2 was a regular sequel and follow regular sequel patterns. A complete underestimation of pure class and talent, a disrespect of the box office king on a box office theory website.

No matter how big a sequel to any big film no matter how loved won't increase domestic unless nostalgia or some new theater craze, I think TLJ will decrease from TFA, but do big despite nostalgia ($750M-$850M) and A2 has actual competition (Mortal Engines. Animated Spidey, Mary Poppins Returns) next year with the possibility of Han Solo opening which could do R1 numbers.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

No matter how big a sequel to any big film no matter how loved won't increase domestic unless nostalgia or some new theater craze, I think TLJ will decrease from TFA, but do big despite nostalgia ($750M-$850M) and A2 has actual competition (Mortal Engines. Animated Spidey, Mary Poppins Returns) next year with the possibility of Han Solo opening which could do R1 numbers.

Avatar 2 will be a revolutionary film in it's own merit, just how Avatar was. Jim the madman might not even call it Avatar, what then?

Put Avatar in the ring with all these films, it's class will expose the generic hollywood films for what they are, soulless money grab.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Avatar 2 will be a revolutionary film in it's own merit, just how Avatar was. Jim the madman might not even call it Avatar, what then?

Put Avatar in the ring with all these films, it's class will expose the generic hollywood films for what they are, soulless money grab.

While I saw Avatar when I was 9, and will see it again when I'm 18, when you have big competition at the box office (another Star Wars film (Han Solo) and Spider Man film both from the visionaries that bought The Lego Movie, both the Jump Streets and Cloudy 1, a Peter Jackson film (Mortal Engines) and a Disney blockbuster remake (Mary Poppins Returns)) all of which I doubt will be "soulless cash grabs" there'd be no way A2 will do over $650M+ domestic. 

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

While I saw Avatar when I was 9, and will see it again when I'm 18, when you have big competition at the box office (another Star Wars film (Han Solo) and Spider Man film both from the visionaries that bought The Lego Movie, both the Jump Streets and Cloudy 1, a Peter Jackson film (Mortal Engines) and a Disney blockbuster remake (Mary Poppins Returns)) all of which I doubt will be "soulless cash grabs" there'd be no way A2 will do over $650M+ domestic. A

Titanic will sink

No way Avatar will beat Titanic

A2 won't even make $650m

Wait and see my friend.

Jimbo, you don't understand.  Avatar had competition, but one of them had little to no overlap and the other coexisted rather well with Avatar.  Avatar 2 is facing off with multiple movies, ALL of which have audience overlap: Animated Spider-Man, Han Solo, Mary Poppins, and Mortal Engines.  Not to mention, WB has an untitled event film slotted on there.  There is a shit ton of competition this year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Titanic will sink

No way Avatar will beat Titanic

A2 won't even make $650m

Wait and see my friend.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Jimbo, you don't understand.  Avatar had competition, but one of them had little to no overlap and the other coexisted rather well with Avatar.  Avatar 2 is facing off with multiple movies, ALL of which have audience overlap: Animated Spider-Man, Han Solo, Mary Poppins, and Mortal Engines.  Not to mention, WB has an untitled event film slotted on there.  There is a shit ton of competition this year.

What @That One Guy said.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I feel bad for those films I truly do, it honestly baffles me you think these films will impact the daddy Avatar with his long legs. If someone goes to see spiderman instead of A2 because they flipped a coin and lost or something, they will just go watch A2 the next day.

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I feel bad for those films I truly do, it honestly baffles me you think these films will impact the daddy Avatar with his long legs. If someone goes to see spiderman instead of A2 because they flipped a coin and lost or something, they will just go watch A2 the next day.

You just refuse to understand, don't you?