Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Franchise opinions:

MCU: Love it! Marvel Studios knows how to make damn good superhero movies (however none beat Dark Knight). I only disliked 2 of them, and 4 of the films are in my top ten superhero films. Only complaint they need stronger villains, I hope Thanos, Hela, and Vulture bring it.

DCEU: Right now, I feel average about them similar to how I felt about the MCU when it first started. I loved one film (SS), hated one (BVS) and mixed about one (MoS). I still think it's not to late for them box office or critic wise, they just need a functional head for them. I'm excited for JL and WW.

Star Wars: Grew up on this, I adored Rogue One and liked TFA (not as much as the OT though), I even like the prequels (except Attack of The Clones). Great to see the new ones doing so well.

Potter: Also grew up on this one. Personally Deathly Hallows is my favorite. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Franchise opinions:

MCU: Love it! Marvel Studios knows how to make damn good superhero movies (however none beat Dark Knight). I only disliked 2 of them, and 4 of the films are in my top ten superhero films. Only complaint they need stronger villains, I hope Thanos, Hela, and Vulture bring it.

DCEU: Right now, I feel average about them similar to how I felt about the MCU when it first started. I loved one film (SS), hated one (BVS) and mixed about one (MoS). I still think it's not to late for them box office or critic wise, they just need a functional head for them. I'm excited for JL and WW.

Star Wars: Grew up on this, I adored Rogue One and liked TFA (not as much as the OT though), I even like the prequels (except Attack of The Clones). Great to see the new ones doing so well.

Potter: Also grew up on this one. Personally Deathly Hallows is my favorite. 

LOTR? POTC? TF?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

LOTR? POTC? TF?

LOTR: Another classic franchise, loved it, the characters, visuals, action and writing however I only saw the Hobbit Trilogy in cinemas, the rest I saw on DVD

PoTC: 1 and 2 were good. 3 was decent but I never saw 4

TF: The 1st movie was good. 2 and 4 were trash, and I saw 3 once at the hospital when my appendix ruptured it was decent, then again I was on OxyContin.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

My opinion about film franchises

Great/good: Spider-man (Sam Raimi's trilogy), Bourne (the original trilogy), Captain America, Scream, Terminator (only the first two), Home alone, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones

Mediocre  : The dark knight, Iron Man, Star war (the original trilogy, don't care about the new one), James Bond, Fast and Furrious

Bad     :   TASM, Transformers, Thor, Alvin and the chipmunk

Hate it : DCEU

I don't care : middle earth, harry potter, twilight, THG, animation

• Like 1

Yeah it's ironic that every Marvel movie is good and enjoyable and I'm a fan of what they're doing. That being said I would argue The Dark Knight is better than anything Marvel has done. Just a more serious, masterful film. 

If only DC could hit those highs of Batman Begins and Dark Knight more often. Dark Knight Rises was meh. Good, but the worst of the bunch by far.

Edited by JonathanLB
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Yeah it's ironic that every Marvel movie is good and enjoyable and I'm a fan of what they're doing. That being said I would argue The Dark Knight is better than anything Marvel has done. Just a more serious, masterful film. 

If only DC could hit those highs of Batman Begins and Dark Knight more often. Dark Knight Rises was meh. Good, but the worst of the bunch by far.

If Nolan wasn't so lazy it could have been much better, I agree tdkr is much better than anything MCU produced. Spooderman1 was good tho.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mredman said:

the razzies is a damn joke always has been. Its a SHEEP award show

I guarantee you that if BvS and SS weren't on the razzies shortlist you wouldn't have said that.

31 minutes ago, mredman said:

the razzies is a damn joke always has been. Its a SHEEP award show

Come on, it is all in good fun. They just go for the highest profile critically destroyed movies every year, that's their whole thing. You are right that it's a joke, but I'm sure the organizers themselves are aware of it.

I really enjoyed BVS but I have no problem with it being nominated,it really was inevitable.

18 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I guarantee you that if BvS and SS weren't on the razzies shortlist you wouldn't have said that.

NO I GUARANTEE you that i would still say its a JOKE of an award show. Even one from page 169 says he did not like BvS but still say its a joke award show

and come on Irons as worst supporting actor, Ben as worst actor ALMOST EVERYONE basically says now he did awesome as Bruce and Batman and probably the best one yet to wear the cowl

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Come on, it is all in good fun. They just go for the highest profile critically destroyed movies every year, that's their whole thing. You are right that it's a joke, but I'm sure the organizers themselves are aware of it.

I really enjoyed BVS but I have no problem with it being nominated,it really was inevitable.

thats why its a joke and trashy award show ;)