Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On 2/27/2017 at 5:03 PM, ChipMunky said:

Incorrect. The meme is just Ben Affleck, staring sadly. If you're bringing up a SPECIFIC video, that's not a meme. I clearly said I have seen no meme on facebook that refers to Rotten Tomatoes in any way.

But the meme came from the YouTube video. 

10 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Sure. But that means less than an Oscar.

why? I could trust those people more than I trust those at the oscar committee

Edited by IronJimbo

18 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Sure. But that means less than an Oscar.

Plenty of people have Oscars. Plenty of films have Oscars. It means a bunch of pretentious people in Hollywood have given a movie an award.

Which means...something?

Edited by RandomJC

13 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

But the meme came from the YouTube video. 

Uh huh. You're point? The meme is funny because it's ben affleck. sad.

90+% of people who saw the meme have no idea it's from a youtube video showing RT scores etc etc. Most think it's from an interview with him/cavill and him looking sad.

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

why? I could trust those people more than I trust those at the oscar committee

You would trust those people about the quality of the hair and make up achievement more than an Oscar committee , for a movie that was nominated by a branch of people that have all worked in hair & makeup ?

That is a really strange conversation in this thread, no one ever said that the makeup job in that movie was not impressive and I think most would agree that the opinion of the Hair&Make Up artist branch of the academy about that aspect of film making has more value than random people, with that said, so what ?

An Oscar can mean something, but an Oscar for hair and makeup doesnt make a movie good. A bad movie can have great makeup. An actor can do a great job in a bad movie. You can have amazing costumes in a horrible movie. Lets not use an oscar for hair and makeup as a barometer of a movie's quality.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Plenty of people have Oscars. Plenty of films have Oscars. It means a bunch of pretentious people in Hollywood have given a movie an awards.

Which means...something?

Someone is offended by awards!

2 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

An Oscar can mean something, but an Oscar for hair and makeup doesnt make a movie good. A bad movie can have great makeup. An actor can do a great job in a bad movie. You can have amazing costumes in a horrible movie. Lets not use an oscar for hair and makeup as a barometer of a movie's quality.

NOBODY IS DOING THIS.

Doesn't change the fact the Suicide Squad has an Oscar, and the Marvel Universe does not.

4 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

NOBODY IS DOING THIS.

Doesn't change the fact the Suicide Squad has an Oscar, and the Marvel Universe does not.

So what? Heath Ledger was an Oacar for best supporting actor. Are you trying to say that an oscar for hair and makeup is more important than CA: Civil War winning the box office battle for superhero supremacy in 2016? If so, no it doesnt.

If that isnt what you are trying to say, then I dont know why you are comparing it to Marvel. Unless you think Marvel fans have been bragging about the MCU's great makeup and hair for years (they havent) and Suicide Squad did something the MCU hasnt with hair and makeup.

• Like 1

So what? Heath Ledger was an Oacar for best supporting actor. Are you trying to say that an oscar for hair and makeup is more important than CA: Civil War winning the box office battle for superhero supremacy in 2016? If so, no it doesnt.

If that isnt what you are trying to say, then I dont know why you are comparing it to Marvel. Unless you think Marvel fans have been bragging about the MCU's great makeup and hair for years (they havent) and Suicide Squad did something the MCU hasnt with hair and makeup.

Man, y'all are reading way too much into this.

Suicide Squad won an Oscar. Marvel hasn't.

Sorry.

4 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Marvel fans would be more pissed if it was a VFX award though.

Edited by RandomJC

31 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Marvel fans would be more pissed if it was a VFX award though.

Or a best director award. 

It would have to be an award for something that Marvel and DC fans care about. I have never heard anyone comment on a movie's hair and makeup, including Suicide Squad. 

Or a best director award. 

It would have to be an award for something that Marvel and DC fans care about. I have never heard anyone comment on a movie's hair and makeup, including Suicide Squad. 

Vision has some pretty good makeup going on. But not sure if that slides into VFX or not.

46 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

I have never heard anyone comment on a movie's hair and makeup, including Suicide Squad. 

I heard some talk about the crocodile pratical effect make up job and obviously the Joker hair and makeup was talked over and over. For superheroes movie, costumes, hair and makeup are commented a lot usually.

• Like 2