Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, theStun said:

I could see SS besting DS by around 100M+ 

And JL should beat Thor 

Black panther is going to destroy Flash though unless JL breaks out and flash is a huge highlight of the film. 

Suicide Squad needs to be pretty damn amazing to do that. At this point Marvel can coast to $500-600m WW on just a halfway decent output. 

i still wish bvs and cw had stayed in the same date. not only do i wonder how the results would have been different, but also that would have been the most fun on these forums probably ever

• Like 2

On 13 Μαΐου 2016 at 0:26 AM, DMan7 said:

The movie was a convoluted mess with major pacing problems throughout another signature move by Snyder by over shooting and having to trim down. 

You have to be over 100 yo to appreciate the brilliance of watchmen and of snyder's films in general .

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 1

Like, seriously. That is such a stupid thing to say. I get that BvS had horrible reviews, and not good audience reception... But Thor 3 would have to pull off something SW7-esque to make $250+ mil. The Marvel audience is done growing. It will stay in Harry Potter territory. Really good movies, consistent grosses.

34 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Like, seriously. That is such a stupid thing to say. I get that BvS had horrible reviews, and not good audience reception... But Thor 3 would have to pull off something SW7-esque to make $250+ mil. The Marvel audience is done growing. It will stay in Harry Potter territory. Really good movies, consistent grosses.

Thor 3 is adding Hulk, it will more than likely have a good chunk of IW setup, and everything about the project seems like it's better than the last two. 250M is a real possibility. 

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

$250m is not at all a stretch for Thor 3. Winter Soldier jumped to $259m when the first movie only made $180m.

19 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Civil War, with the hype, adding a ton of Avengers, and the excellent reviews, should have grossed $500+ mil EASILY. It's not even going to be close.

What does it say that BvS is even more not close though lmao.

8 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

$250m is not at all a stretch for Thor 3. Winter Soldier jumped to $259m when the first movie only made $180m.

It jumped due to the post-Avengers bump. The same reason Thor 2 jumped.

Its potential was never Avatar. It did beyond its potential.

Isn't this a box office forum? Aren't y'all supposed to know things about box office? I never said Civil War was a failure. But it did fail in things that it should've accomplished.

4 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

It failed at maximizing its potential.

Nothing has ever maximized it's potential. To do that requires perfection, and perfection is an impossibility, especially for anything created by a group of people meant to appeal to another group of people.

• Like 2