kayumanggi

Wednesday Numbers | Steve Jobs theater count drops 85%, awaiting the Jem and Kasbah drops.

1 minute ago, Tau Ceti said:

I just noticed that. Perhaps the drops are so severe that BOM doesn't want to create a panic.

Heh. More likely they're getting the counts as they come in and those haven't been reported yet. It's still a bit early, so probably in a few hours.

9 minutes ago, damienroc said:

Has there ever been a run like Steve Jobs?

Don't think so. It got great reviews, record per screen numbers in limited release and then just died in wide release. Kutcher's Jobs will end up more profitable than this one - Amy Pascal was right in the end.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tau Ceti said:

I just noticed that. Perhaps the drops are so severe that BOM doesn't want to create a panic.

Ordering that chart by "% BO Change" shows that We are Your Friends dropped 94.0% from 2,333 theaters to 274.  Jem was in over 2,400, and I doubt there are 274 theaters that want to hold on to Jem this weekend, thus it could approach the all-time percentage drop record currently held by Gigli.

15 minutes ago, grim22 said:

At this point it is basically beating a dead horse, but Jem had a 10$ per theater average on Wednesday. That is 1 person per theater. Truly outrageous.

Yes I agree, it is outrageous that even ONE person would pay to see that movie.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, grim22 said:

At this point it is basically beating a dead horse, but Jem had a 10$ per theater average on Wednesday. That is 1 person per theater. Truly outrageous.

Is it possible that Jem and Kasbah are losing ALL of their theatres, and they aren't listed cause their runs are ending this week?

Or is that just not possible?

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Is it possible that Jem and Kasbah are losing ALL of their theatres, and they aren't listed cause their runs are ending this week?

I'm not sure about Kasbah, but looking at the We Are Your Friends Box Office Mojo data, it is possible Universal may just end the Jem and the Holograms run immediately.  Jem has even less this week than the numbers from WAYF's second week, and WAYF had a nearly 80% drop on its 15th day, to $11,865.  Considering the already less than $25,000 Jem made on Wednesday, Universal may see no benefit to running Jem for 28 days like WAYF.

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

It would be unprecedented. Even Gigli had 73 theaters on the third week.Of course Gigli also had a better opening.

So did From Justin to Kelly, for that matter.

Hrm...

Oogieloves actually had the big theater loss in weekend 2, to 281. In weekend 3 it was down to 8 theaters.

And earlier this year We Are Your Friends dropped to 274 in weekend 3 and 17 in weekend 4.

The films between Oogieloves and Jem are Delgo and the 10th anniversary of SAW. Both of them look like they only played for one week.. However, both of them (and Oogieloves) aren't from one of the majors like Universal. So it's seems unlikely that Jem would get entirely pulled.

• Like 1