Neo

Snowpiercer | Now in Theaters and VOD

I guess, but it doesn't have an "uplifting message"

I dunno,

Curtis' refusal of Wilford's offer could qualify. Showed that the system can always be changed, no matter how set in stone or necessary some might claim it to be.

• Like 4

Not exactly uplifting, but it ends on an open-ended note that at least offers (and strongly hints at) the possibility of better things in the future. Or at least, better than they were.

It depends, I was sure the polar bear

would eat the remaining 2 people

• Like 1

Is there at least an uplifting message in this movie?

I have a feeling you'll have mixed feelings on the movie if you ever watch it. Like you would think the movie is good, well-made and well-acted, but it pissed you off somehow and left you disturbed. That's pretty much my bf's stand on the movie. So for that reason, I wouldn't recommend. But then I want to see your reaction towards a scruffy bearded angsty Chris Evans too :P
  • Like 2

Not exactly uplifting, but it ends on an open-ended note that at least offers (and strongly hints at) the possibility of better things in the future. Or at least, better than they were.

hopeful is good.

• Like 1

Let me back up. The movie is competent to good in parts. It wasn't innovative in that I've seen enough stories end in roughly that way. I'm a big cbm fan. I was a little amused that this ended in the same way that (unnamed cbm movie) ended. My gasp was sarcastic because Snowpiercer is seen as fresh and my favorite genre is (sometimes fairly) seen as stale.

• Like 1

The point of a movie isn't always to end in a happy, aww-hunky-dorky way.

I think for some (like us) who watches more movies than normal audience, we came to expect all kinds of endings, but for certain people, the ending has to be either happy or satisfying or resolved (for lack of a better word)Like my sister for example, I know for a fact that she hates open-ended ending. She's the type that wants a movie' ending that gives closure and justified the journey of the movie. It doesn't have to be all happy, everything is sunshines and rainbows end note, it just has to be complete if that makes sense. Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

It doesn't need to be happy. It just needs to be interesting. I thought the ending was disjointed. It was supposed to be innovative or was billed that way.The ending was similar to -- gasp -- a comic book movie, among other things.

Well yeah. Maybe uplifting was too strong of an adjective. Hopeful is good enough.

• Like 1