efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

If anyone is interested in my horrible taste in film, my top 50 of 2015 is now up to the top ten, which will be started later tonight

• Like 3

2 hours ago, smokeylarue said:

Amazing for the Revenant. I personally thought it was INCREDIBLY boring and could've been cut by at least 30 minutes, but I guess it's really resonating with audiences.

Star Wars the upper limit is 950M, it probably won't get there unless something weird happens. 915-920M final is likely.

I'm with you 100%. I enjoyed The Revenant, as far as it was overall a good movie, Leo was great, it was beautifully shot. It was also in my personal opinion the WORST edited film of the year by quite a long ways. The reason I say that is because no other film's editing really came much to mind for me. Yeah, Hateful Eight was a piece of shit in my opinion, easily one of the worst films of the past few years, but you could have cut it by 1 hour and it would still have sucked. Nothing happened. It was completely boring. The Revenant was a different situation, though, because I really felt with cutting about 30 minutes as you said there was a potentially great movie buried in there. It could have went from 3 stars to 3.5 to 4 stars for me, or a B- to an A. I really think that's how bad the editing was.

I'm glad that people are checking it out because they need to recoup their money, and it's certainly a solid enough film, it's worth watching. I would give a "soft recommend" to my friends on it, but I'd tell them to wait for DVD or On Demand. It's not worth $12 to see in theaters IMO, but that's because I think not a lot of movies are. It's a pain to go to theaters often times, pay the money, find parking, etc. This film would be better enjoyed on a big TV at home with a $5.99 iTunes rental or through Netflix. 

13 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I never troll anyone. :lol:

On 1/14/2016 at 8:49 PM, Telemachos said:

2010: Iron Man 2

2011: Transformers: Dark of the Moon

2012: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

2013: Man of Steel

2014: Maleficent

:ph34r:

• Like 1