The Panda

Panda Goes Blankments "Social Experiment": Pick the Movie Panda Sees Each Tuesday - Panda's Choice

So, what drives a man to see another man experience agony and go, "Hey!  Id like to try that to!"?

TRICK QUESTION!

I am no man.  I am Panda.

Anyways, I realized for the next semester my Tuesday's are especially free.  Plus the Cinemark has a cheap Tuesday deal and the local Dollar theater has a 50 cent Tuesday deal.  Point being, every Tuesday I am free to see a movie.

So, I thought I'd put a little anarchy in my life, and do what Blanks once did.  I will list the movies playing, and have yall vote on what I see.

My Personal "Rules"/Structure of how it works

1.The Voting Thread goes up whenever the movies for the coming Tuesday are shown.

2.Voting Ends on Monday night, 11:59pm CT

3.I will only place movies I have not seen on the voting thread

4.After I see the film, I will rant about how much I hated it and how much I hate yall for making me watch it and how much I hate me for letting yall make me watch it.  Or I might actually like it if people have become kinder.

It starts next Tuesday!  I'll put up the thread when I can see the films.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 6

Well... Daddy's Home and Dirty Grandpa tied, and well, I thought I was going with the better of the two options... I think I chose poorly...

Here is my reaction

Dirty Grandpa has a concept that could be funny on paper, but it ends up just being a film that tries so hard to offend you with cruel jokes about "outrageous things" that you just raise your eyebrows and go, "really."  It has no believable basis, and you might expect it, but even The SpongeBob Movie is grounded better in reality than this  "movie"?  

Can it even be called a movie?  It honestly felt like a poor SNL sketch that just went on way to long.  Sure, there's some funny parts, there's some parts that will make you laugh.  But the jokes don't land enough to make it worth it, and the most (to all) of the jokes I wouldn't even call jokes because there's no thought in them.  It's al your standard dick, poop, sex, fart, and drug/party jokes.  Sure, those jokes can be done well, movies like This is The End proved it, but this is not the case.

Highlight of the Movie? Efron, De Niro, and Plaza do the best they can with what they're given (plus, Plaza is hot.)

Low point of the movie? Efron, De Niro, and Plaza wasted their time.  Plus, that Plaza/De Niro sex scene mentally scars you, and you no longer look at Plaza as really hot, you just see her as that girl who had sex with De Niro and quickly want that image out of your memory.

Other than those three characters, the rest are particularly annoying, and there's a few that the film just can't help but keep focusing on.  

Overall

Within the movie there is a running joke about De Niro putting his thumb up Zac Efron's ass.  That's exactly what this film ends up feeling like when you watch it.  

D-

Edited by The Panda

46 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Well... Daddy's Home and Dirty Grandpa tied, and well, I thought I was going with the better of the two options... I think I chose poorly...

Here is my reaction

Dirty Grandpa has a concept that could be funny on paper, but it ends up just being a film that tries so hard to offend you with cruel jokes about "outrageous things" that you just raise your eyebrows and go, "really."  It has no believable basis, and you might expect it, but even The SpongeBob Movie is grounded better in reality than this  "movie"?  

Can it even be called a movie?  It honestly felt like a poor SNL sketch that just went on way to long.  Sure, there's some funny parts, there's some parts that will make you laugh.  But the jokes don't land enough to make it worth it, and the most (to all) of the jokes I wouldn't even call jokes because there's no thought in them.  It's al your standard dick, poop, sex, fart, and drug/party jokes.  Sure, those jokes can be done well, movies like This is The End proved it, but this is not the case.

Highlight of the Movie? Efron, De Niro, and Plaza do the best they can with what they're given (plus, Plaza is hot.)

Low point of the movie? Efron, De Niro, and Plaza wasted their time.  Plus, that Plaza/De Niro sex scene mentally scars you, and you no longer look at Plaza as really hot, you just see her as that girl who had sex with De Niro and quickly want that image out of your memory.

Other than those three characters, the rest are particularly annoying, and there's a few that the film just can't help but keep focusing on.  

Overall

Within the movie there is a running joke about De Niro putting his thumb up Zac Efron's ass.  That's exactly what this film ends up feeling like when you watch it.  

D-

The box office doesn't lie.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay, it's been a busy week.

Ill keep the Jane got a gun review nice and short

This movie is really just completely meh,  you want it to be good, you like the idea of a female led western, but there's really nothing to the movie, or the character of Jane.

It's pretty much your typical western, only *plot twist*, the lead is a female.  I mean, Portman does fine, but she's also incredibly dull in the movie.  As is everything else.  

It's just not interesting and hard to really want to pay attention to when you're watching.  For being a cursed project I was expecting a circus show of a Trainwreck, but it really just puts you to sleep and makes you wonder why you wasted your time.

D+

Ill see PANDA 3 soon as I will Deadpool and Hail, Caesar!  But it's been a busy week, lots of preparation and clinics for a week long convention and tour next week.

Because of being gone for convention there will be no movie this tuesday.  I'll start back up the next week.

So... The Choice....

What an awful choice of film (pun intended).  But honestly if you watched any Sparks movie, you've already seen this movie, you don't need to know anything else.  It's the exact same thing, just with slightly different attractive faces.  

As as somebody who likes sappy romances it just makes you want to gag, and the cliche's are played to the fullest.  Every aspect is exactly out of the books in the worst way.  I really don't know what to say, there is absolutely nothing to the performances, the script and directing are an epitome of lazy, and it's not even null you to sleep boring, it's just boring and you're forced to stay awake for every aching moment of this dull little "terror".

This is the worst movie you've all made me see yet.  It won't be the worst of the year, but I can't think of any redeemable aspects of it.

F

• Like 1