Ezen Baklattan

The 4th Annual BOX OFFICE THEORY Awards: Official Ceremony

BOFFY IV  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will win Best Picture?

• The Big Short
    • Bridge of Spies
    • Creed
    • Ex Machina
    • Inside Out
    • Mad Max: Fury Road
    • The Martian
    • Room
    • Spotlight
    • Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  2. 2. How angry will CJohn be with these awards?

• Absolutely
    • Extremely
    • Intensely
    • Profusely
    • Quite a lot

Here are the nominees for Best Director.

Ryan Colger

CREED

Ronnie Del Carmen and Pete Docter

INSIDE OUT

Adam McKay

THE BIG SHORT

George Miller

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD

Steven Spielberg

BRIDGE OF SPIES

And the BOFFY goes to....

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Spaghetti said:

Ryan Colger

CREED

INSIDE OUT

Adam McKay

THE BIG SHORT

George Miller

Steven Spielberg

BRIDGE OF SPIES

Hidden Content

I'm a bit confused. Spaghetti that doesn't say Ryan Coogler. I think something is wrong

8 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Ryan Colger

CREED

INSIDE OUT

Adam McKay

THE BIG SHORT

George Miller

Steven Spielberg

BRIDGE OF SPIES

Hidden Content

Hilarious Dicaprio/Inarritu are virtually locked to win Oscars & they weren't even nominated. The forum hate for The Revenant is strong.

Edited by GiantCALBears

Before we get to best picture, we need to save (the best?!) for last.

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Star-Wars-Force-Awakens.jpg

Latest-The-Force-Awakens-Trailer-Descrip

“The Force Awakens, was probably the most anticipated film of my life. In fact I will probably never get that hype for a movie again (I'm kind of thankful for that, it's a bit excausting) because Star Wars is just part of who I am, I grew up with it, I loved it, by brothers loved it and my sisters loved it.   and when I heard they were doing episode VII, I was overwhelmed, it felt surreal, so me and my closest sister, she is married now and moved out of state now, she came back home to visit so we could see it together, that's how hardcore we are.

Anyways just some background  story I could pretty much tell my life story with star wars related events but that may take a while so I won't. as for the movie itself, I loved it I really did, after I saw it, it was literally all I could think about, and it left so many questions! not sure If it made me hate it for that or love it more, but it did bring was so many speculation conversation with friends, there's just something about Star Wars that brings people together. as for the story sure it's not the most original plot-wise, and it's a big call back to A New Hope and the third death was  kind of lazy. But who cares it's Star Wars! and what they really nailed was the characters! seriously Rey may be the coolest most bad-ass star wars character since like.. Luke Skywalker! and Daisy Ridley was soo good, what's that a star wars movie with good acting? and good dialogue? I really I loved Kylo Ren too, he had a great layered character dynamic, and Poe was just pour awesome, and Finn was surprisingly  (for me anyway) likeable and really funny. I just really loved this movie, you can critique and find fault with it, but why spoiler a good thing? star wars is back and it's here to stay.”

-Kalo

“Loved it!

It's fun, it's exciting, it has heart and a warmth to it that was sorely missing in the prequels, it has the tone and the physical look and feel of old Star Wars, as opposed to the shitty artificial videogame visuals of the prequels, with their boring overwhelming plastic CG. The cinematography is beautiful (there are some gorgeous shots in there). The action scenes are top-notch and don't feel over-the-top like in the prequels. The new characters are mostly great, although, in my opinion, none of them, with the possible exception of Rey (who steals the show), will become as iconic as, say, a Han Solo or Darth Vader. Kylo Ren is pretty cool tho. Also, there's real chemistry between the characters.

I think one of JJ's biggest accomplishments, however, which I didn't think he would be able to pull off, is recapturing the spirit of Star Wars. Some of my favorite moments are the ones early on with Rey (:wub:) alone on Jakku, scavenging and just trying to get by. It is in those moments that I feel the movie truly captures that sense of adventure and wonder being just over the horizon, of longing to matter and be someone.

On the negative side, story-wise it's not very original (the plot is too similar to A New Hope), and there are a few too many winks to the past. The movie also feels a bit rushed.

At the end of the day it's great entertainment, it brings Star Wars back with a bang and wipes away the bad taste left by the prequels. I'd say it's on par with Jedi, perhaps even better.”

-Stingray

• Like 7