Wrath

BOT User Tracking 2/26-28 Eddie the Eagle, Gods of Egypt, Triple 9

Hmm. Feels like Eddie is getting the most buzz (Mrs Wrath is excited for it. I wonder if its that she's figured out that Eggsy from Kingsmen is playing Eddie), but its only in 2,000 theaters (according to BOM.com, anyway). Gods of Egypt feels like it almost has negative buzz, if that's possible, and I suppose Triple Nine is somewhere in the middle. But, of course, its still Deadpool's world and we're all just living in it.

Please provide your 2/22-24 Opening Weekend predicts for, 

Eddie the Eagle

Gods of Egypt

Triple Nine

Deadline is now going to be sometime between midnight Wednesday and Thursday midmorning (US Eastern time), depending on when I get to it.

Sorry for the delay. Had some medical stuff yesterday (nothing serious, but was annoyingly slow to deal with), and last night I unexpectedly became an uncle (yes, I knew my brother's wife was pregnant, but its a few weeks early)! Plus the usual minor crap. I'll have the numbers up shortly, minus the usual pithy commentary.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

We're a little optimistic on Eddie the Eagle (though not as much as we sometimes tend to be), almost right in the middle of the overall pretty pessimistic pack on Gods of Egypt, and very pessimistic on Triple 9. Good turnout by our predictors this time around, and it wasn't due to me being a day slow, I swear. 

As usual, I went through the various predicts (18 for everything) and here's what we ended up with:

Eddie the Eagle

Mean: 9.6M

Median: 9.3M

StnDev: 3.17M

Ratio (StnDev/Mean): 33.18%

High: 16.4M

Low: 4.5M

BO.com 7.5M

Deadline 8M   

MovieWeb 7.5M

ShowBuzzDaily 8M

Variety 10M

Gods of Egypt

Mean: 12.9M

Median: 13M

StnDev: 2.52M

Ratio (StnDev/Mean): 19.58%

High: 16.7M

Low: 7M

BO.com 10.5M

Deadline 13.5M   

MovieWeb 12.5M

ShowBuzzDaily 11.5M

Variety 15M

Triple 9

Mean: 6.8M

Median: 6.45M

StnDev: 2.11M

Ratio (StnDev/Mean): 30.98%

High: 11.1M

Low: 3.5M

BO.com 11.5M

Deadline 8M   

MovieWeb 

ShowBuzzDaily 11M

Variety 10M

Edited by Wrath

Sorry, I'm not dead or anything. My brother and his wife had a baby a wee bit earlier than expected (early enough to be of concern, but not so early that its catastrophic. Though I do have a pair of cousins who both weighed under 2 lbs at birth. Both ended up going to college and are currently batting, oh, lets say .500 at being productive members of society) and I've been modestly distracted by this whole "uncle" thing, plus the last week has been unexpectedly busy in its own right.

I'll get things back on back tomorrow.

Very solid week of predicting. I should have nieces more often.

Eddie the Eagle

Prediction: 9.6M +/- 3.17M (1 standard deviation)

Actual: 6.1M (off by 3.5M, so 1.09 stndev)

Not great but not awful. We were the most optimistic and the movie came in a little low.  Best predict was... Oh, wait, sorry, that was my commentary from basically everything last week. Though, honestly, exact same result for Eddie as well. Best predict was 6M by Impact.

Gods of Egypt

Prediction: 12.9M +/- 2.52M (1 standard deviation)

Actual: 14.1M (off by 1.2M, so 0.48 stndev)

Good predict! Ok, not great, but certainly good and almost, but not quite, very good. Second best predict, behind only Deadline. Our best predict was 14M from deparment store basement.

Triple 9

Prediction: 6.8M +/- 2.11M (1 standard deviation)

Actual: 6.1M (off by 0.7M, so 0.34 stndev)

Even better. This one gets to be called "very good" and as a bonus we were *by far* the best of the predicts. Best predict was 6M by a 3-way tie of DamienRoc, Ethan Hunt, and WrathofHan.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1