Grade It:  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Absolutely loved it and Costner should be a shoe in for an oscar nomination.  He wont get one of course, but it's an incredible performance.

9/10

It tries to be simultaneously a '90s action movie - a stand-alone with a dumb outlandish premise and R-rated violence and language - and a post-Bourne 2010s action movie, with spying and cold cities and everyone looking dour the entire time. It's a totally wrong approach, because in the end the movie is dumb and yet doesn't even want to have any fun. Some good silly moments shine through (like Costner being a dick to random people and trying to use a cactus as a murder weapon), but every time it actually tries to be dramatic it falls flat on its face. Tommy Lee Jones' "What am I doing here? Will someone please put me out of my misery" expression that he had the entire time is the one I identified with the most.

Criminal: From what I understand with the critics, I land on the minority side with this film. Criminal has a really good idea and despite the fact that the executing and storyline can be a little muddling at times, I found myself toward the end really enjoying this movie. The acting for the most part is fine, except the guy who plays the main villain is pretty bad. The thing that really hurts this movie is that with this idea and cast, this film could be so much better if it had a better director and writers. Despite that fact, this film is really not as bad the critics are saying but it's not a great film either.

Grade: C+

Tommy Lee Jones was just depressing in this movie, he looked so sad that this is where his fabulous career has taken him.

Also, as far as Ryan Reynolds brain transplant movies go, I thought Self/Less was much better.

• Like 1