lilmac

All Things Quentin Tarantino

His interviews are also entertaining

“The one rule that I have is you have to know my dialogue backwards and forwards. When you show up on the set, you need to know my dialogue as if it was your fourth week of a Broadway run after a six-week tryout. Anything else, you are ripping me off. I could fire you and start all over again. Because you’re just disrespecting me. You can’t just do the kind of work that I need you to do if you don’t know the lines beyond and beyond. Because I’m looking for that take when an actor just happens to kick in to something. And actors describe that moment where, all of a sudden, they just kick into the character and at that moment, they can’t do it wrong, because they are the person. If they say a joke, it’s a little bit funnier because they are really saying the joke and get the humor. Actors describe it, they say it’s like flying because they’re literally — that’s why they become actors. You can’t deal with flying when you don’t know the dialogue that much. That will bring you back down to earth. I am paying them to say my dialogue. That is their job. I like my actors, but I love my characters, and it’s the actors’ job to say my lines.”

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/quentin-tarantino-hateful-eight-inglourious-basterds-jerusalem-1201812560/

• Like 2

Pulp Fiction was a revelation for me back in high school.

Watched it in theaters and was in absolute awe of the film from begining to end.

It totally blew away the boundaries of Hollywood storytelling for me.

My top 5:

1) Pulp Fiction

2) Inglorious Basterds

3) Reservoir Dogs

4) Kill Bill Vol 2

5) Dusk till Dawn/True Romance (screenplay only)

• Like 1