Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

Just now, CJohn said:

100M budget. What a time to be Paramount. The money coming from all the hits must be flooding the studio right now. 

I swear to god Paulo musta been in 10 movies in the last year. I'm not gonna look it up but I see him everywhere. And now he's playing Jesus. Bless.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

Sounds like my gig to me! I'll have to convince some friends to see it. Wow, I always had an image of this being such a pathetic joke and a complete trash movie. It's legit a 180 how this film has been reviewed and it's opening weekend.

I know a lot of people have already said it, but Sausage Party is my fave studio film of the summer and the only 9/10 besides Nice Guys. (Swiss Army Man got a 10/10 tho)

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I swear to god Paulo musta been in 10 movies in the last year. I'm not gonna look it up but I see him everywhere. And now he's playing Jesus. Bless.

I am missing the reference to Rodrigo Santoro being called Paulo but I checked and he was in Focus, Jane Got a Gun,  Pele: Birth of a Legend and The 33.

Lmao he was in Lost nevermind got it lol.

3 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Fun fact: Bad Moms was originally going to be a Paramount movie, and now this movie's going to gross more than every Paramount movie this year sans Star Trek.

Edit: Nevermind.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

1 hour ago, CJohn said:
  Hide contents

Maria Bello's character killing herself to save their son and daughter could be seen coming from a mile away if that is your problem. 

Just because it can be seen coming from a mile away doesn't make it justified by the filmmaking. Hell, I'd say even more so they should've found a different ending if it was obvious

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am missing the reference to Rodrigo Santoro being called Paulo but I checked and he was in Focus, Jane Got a Gun,  Pele: Birth of a Legend and The 33.

Lmao he was in Lost nevermind got it lol.

You haven't seen Lost :kitschjob:

Don't tell Numbers

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lab276 said:

If only they reported in admissions rather than dollars.

I said this earlier. It would end all the dumb debates that keep happening over which studio is more successful. Other countries report both. Admissions and money made. 

• Like 1

Just now, lab276 said:

If only they reported in admissions rather than dollars.

All numbers would be extremely depressing lol

People seeing constantly depressed ticket sales would lead to less and less theater-going. People seeing enormous Opening Weekend numbers on news sites leads to more theater-going, a desire to be part of the cultural phenom. A subconscious thing

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

All numbers would be extremely depressing lol

People seeing constantly depressed ticket sales would lead to less and less theater-going. People seeing enormous Opening Weekend numbers on news sites leads to more theater-going, a desire to be part of the cultural phenom. A subconscious thing

But we're getting depressed ticket sales anyway, so what would it matter?

3 minutes ago, ThatOneSausage said:

Why can't we have fights over comedies and Oscar-bait dramas :sadben:.  It'd be much more interesting than fucking CBM arguments.

How about CBMs that should've been Oscar-bait dramas? I'll lead: The Dark Knight should have won Best Picture. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ThatOneSausage said:

Why can't we have fights over comedies and Oscar-bait dramas :sadben:.  It'd be much more interesting than fucking CBM arguments.

Alright, I'll start: Rooney Mara deserved Supporting Actress last year. COME AT ME DANISH GIRL FANBOYS!

• Like 2

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Alright, I'll start: Rooney Mara deserved Supporting Actress last year. COME AT ME DANISH GIRL FANBOYS!

I am still depressed she didnt won.

• Like 2

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

FUCK NO.  She was awful in Pan and that obviously shows she didn't deserve any of this.  She has to keep a consistent acting record in her movies. 

Jennifer Jason Leigh should've won, but of course, the Oscars have a Tarantino bias.  Sigh