Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

3 minutes ago, ThatOneSausage said:

At least JJL HAS ACTUAL TALENT AND DOESNT PICK SHITTY PROJECTS.  Like who does Mara think she was by deciding to be on fucking PAN.  

While Mara did Pan in between those two films, Leigh did THE MACHINIST, SYNECDOCHE NEW YORK, SPECTACULAR NOW, AND ANOMALISA.  Meanwhile, Morgan is going to make BANK at the box office.  Just you wait.

Look, Mara just thought Pan could give her some franchise material. But a true auteur realized franchises are stupid, and she should be remembered for picking projects that Oscar voters will cream all over for, giving her way more attention from the GA. Anomalisa was a flop, lol (character break: Although it shouldn't have been :()

6 minutes ago, ThatOneSausage said:

STOP TALKING ABOUT CBM'S AND BLOCKBUSTERS.  WE ONLY ARGUE ABOUT DRAMAS, COMEDIES, AND OSCAR BAIT.  WE HATE TRANSFORMERS, CBM'S, STAR WARS, AND ANY OTHER BLOCKBUSTERS.  HAIL INDIES AND AFFECTING DRAMAS AND FUNNY COMEDIES. NO MORE OF THIS SHIT.

I would sig this if I could, lol.

Classic. :monopoly:

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Look, Mara just thought Pan could give her some franchise material. But a true auteur realized franchises are stupid, and she should be remembered for picking projects that Oscar voters will cream all over for, giving her way more attention from the GA. Anomalisa was a flop, lol (character break: Although it shouldn't have been :()

So what if it flopped??  AMAZING MOVIES FLOP.  BLADE RUNNER WAS A FLOP.

And any reasonable person would know that Pan would be a massive failure.    

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Only because people can't look past their bias for whatever "side" and see facts. 

That right there is why there should be no more of continuing on. It's hopeless, why bother? 

7 minutes ago, ThatOneSausage said:

STOP TALKING ABOUT CBM'S AND BLOCKBUSTERS.  WE ONLY ARGUE ABOUT DRAMAS, COMEDIES, AND OSCAR BAIT.  WE HATE TRANSFORMERS, CBM'S, STAR WARS, AND ANY OTHER BLOCKBUSTERS.  HAIL INDIES AND AFFECTING DRAMAS AND FUNNY COMEDIES. NO MORE OF THIS SHIT.

Both sides are fucked. Blockbusters have become nothing but endless franchise sequels, and indies have become nothing but hipster low budget rehashes of the all time greats that used to also be the blockbusters in their day. Film-making is dead. 

DISCUSS.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Both sides are fucked. Blockbusters have become nothing but endless franchise sequels, and indies have become nothing but hipster low budget rehashes of the all time greats that used to also be the blockbusters in their day. Film-making is dead. 

DISCUSS.

At least the hipster movies are actually GOOD.  THEY HAVE CHARACTERS THAT FEEL LIKE REAL PEOPLE.  Then look at every other tentpole movie and see how AWFUL the characters are.

9 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

This has nothing to do with anything, but I was looking at the September all time numbers in anticipation of Magnificent Seven having a good shot at the all time opening weekend record and ran across the numbers for Crocodile Dundee.  

I know it was popular, but had absolutely no clue it did $174m domestic and $328m total.  IN FUCKING 1986!! ON A FUCKING $9M BUDGET!!  IT SOLD 46 MILLION TICKETS!!

That is like a near $400m domestic and $725m overall on a $20m budget today.  

The entire trilogy made $606m which is $1.4b today on a roughly $70m total production budget.  

It might be the most astounding thing I have ever heard of.  

Straya

9780733633522-1.jpg

3 minutes ago, ThatOneSausage said:

So what if it flopped??  AMAZING MOVIES FLOP.  BLADE RUNNER WAS A FLOP.

And any reasonable person would know that Pan would be a massive failure.    

Pan wasn't supposed to make that much money anyway. It's an art film.

13 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

This has nothing to do with anything, but I was looking at the September all time numbers in anticipation of Magnificent Seven having a good shot at the all time opening weekend record and ran across the numbers for Crocodile Dundee.  

I know it was popular, but had absolutely no clue it did $174m domestic and $328m total.  IN FUCKING 1986!! ON A FUCKING $9M BUDGET!!  IT SOLD 46 MILLION TICKETS!!

That is like a near $400m domestic and $725m overall on a $20m budget today.  

The entire trilogy made $606m which is $1.4b today on a roughly $70m total production budget.  

It might be the most astounding thing I have ever heard of.  

Glad you discovered the historical significance of that trilogy. Did you know Australia did not actually exist prior to its release? 

• Like 1

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Pan wasn't supposed to make that much money anyway. It's an art film.

Yeah, such an ART FILM THAT WAS DIRECTED BY THE GUY THAT MADE...

Okay he had a solid track record with affecting dramas like Pride and Prejudice and Atonement before doing shit like The Soloist and Anna Karenina, and of course, PAN.

Just now, ThatOneSausage said:

Yeah, such an ART FILM THAT WAS DIRECTED BY THE GUY THAT MADE...

Okay he had a solid track record with affecting dramas like Pride and Prejudice and Atonement before doing shit like The Soloist and Anna Karenina, and of course, PAN.

Atonement's really not that good, tbh. How it was nominated for Best Screenplay, let alone Best Picture is baffling.

• Like 1

Just now, ThatOneSausage said:

AHEM..  IM SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY WHEN DISCUSSING DRAMAS AND COMEDIES.  ARE YOU SAYING IM NOT SERIOUS?  HUH?

I don't know. Was your response to my "film-making is fucked" post serious? Because mine sure wasn't.

Or was it?

Don't remember now.

Hmm....

we were talking about MCU vs DCEU, correct? 

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Atonement's really not that good, tbh. How it was nominated for Best Screenplay, let alone Best Picture is baffling.

Oh come on.  It deserved every bit of praise it got.  Better than that shitty Juno movie that everyone seemed to like despite its low quality.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I don't know. Was your response to my "film-making is fucked" post serious? Because mine sure wasn't.

Or was it?

Don't remember now.

Hmm....

we were talking about MCU vs DCEU, correct? 

IT WAS SERIOUS BRO.  I ONLY TALK ABOUT ART FILMS.