kayumanggi

CAPTIVE STATE | 08.17.18 | Focus

Rupert Wyatt to Direct, Write Sci-Fi Film ‘Captive State’

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/rupert-wyatt-sci-fi-movie-captive-state-1201844033/

Wyatt will direct the sci-fi pic “Captive State,” which he co-wrote with his wife Erica Beeney. Sources tell Variety a competitive auction is underway, with a mix of studios and financiers currently chasing the property. The parties involved expect a deal to be sealed before Labor Day weekend.

Plot details are being kept under wraps for the film, which will go into production sometime in 2017.

Edited by kayumanggi

rmHAi3m.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/848307-john-goodman-in-first-look-at-sci-fi-thriller-captive-state#/slide/1

"Set in a Chicago neighborhood nearly a decade after an occupation by an extra-terrestrial force, Captive State explores the lives on both sides of the conflict - the collaborators and dissidents."

Focus Features will release Captive State in U.S. theaters on August 17, 2018.

Got a date, a picture and some plot deetz.

• Like 1

There would've been a new Science-Fiction film coming out each week during the entirety of August if this had stayed. This is probably for the best; Focus Features probably knows what they're doing with this. So I don't mind waiting a while longer for this if they're going through the effort to make it as good as possible. And on the bright side, there looks to be other features coming out in August that I'll be able to see instead.

I guess the move is a good thing? Focus already has such a packed slate and the lack of marketing had me worried. It's already been rated so it doesn't look like there'll be reshoots, right? Really hope the delay is to finish up vfx/give it a good marketing campaign etc and not a sign that they don't have confidence in it because it's bad

• Like 1