efialtes76

Weekend Thread: Peregrine: 28.5| Deep: 20.6| M7: 15.7 pg 22

35 minutes ago, Darth Homer said:

Peregrine went up from estimates. Hopefully a good sign for legs?

It'll have legs because it's a family-friendly film that loosely ties into Halloween with minimal competition. 

Storks disappointed and Middle School won't put up big numbers. 

$90-105 million DOM should happen. Possibly $110-115 million DOM if it holds better than I expect. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Box Office Mojo is taking their precious time on these actuals. Overall this fall has kinda sucked. I hope we don't have to tell with this with November and December if we do. R.I.P 2016.

With all the disappointments, 2016 is still 4% ahead of last year

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

That's because 2016 has also had 6 enormously huge breakout hits.

2015 had JW and SW7, so you could argue those two equalize the amount of huge breakout hits in 2016. 

Besides, November-December looks strong and well-balanced IMO. 

1. Rogue One: $435 million 
  2. Moana: $310 million 
  3. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: $275 million 
  4. Sing: $270 million 
  5. Passengers: $205 million 
  6. Doctor Strange: $185 million 
  7. La La Land: $165 million (I'm going by lineup, not calendar gross) 
  8. Trolls: $115 million 
  9. Patriot's Day: $110 million (same as above) 
  10. Fences: $100 million (same as above) 

This holiday season makes me think of November-December 2012: some strong (but not astronomically huge) hits with an array of mid-level, adult-skewing performers (Billy Lynn, Arrival, Office Christmas Party, Silence and A Monster Calls all should do $60-85 million DOM IMO). 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

With all the disappointments, 2016 is still 4% ahead of last year

We've had bigger debuts than last year. Keep in mind Deadpool was record-breaking back in February. Zootopia, BVS, and Jungle Book kicked ass in the spring. Civil War, Dory, Pets, and Suicide Squad were some of the big helpings from this summer. The fall is always a mixed bag though, but it doesn't mean that we could increase even more. November will be solid because we have potentially 6 films make over the $100 milion that month! December has some solid ones as well. 2017 could go anywhere next year though. There's plenty of decent tentpoles but it's hard to tel which will do solid numbers and which will flop.

• Like 1