Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HesAPooka

Crocodile Dundee 1986

yeah I think it was a lot of people's first taste of all things Australian, even if it wasn't all accurate :P

It just seemed to hit people and made Australian stuff almost a fad.

Plus this part always got everyone laughing

On 2017-02-08 at 3:34 PM, franfar said:

The legs on this were insane (ik, films generally had better legs back then). 

9 weekends at #1, then didn't leave the top 10 until it's 25th week the following year, in March.

A true phenomenon. 

That's pretty crazy, I didn't look into the specifics I always just remembered how this movie made slightly less than Top Gun which is considered a massive box office success.

One of the best pure entertainers. I watched it with no prior information. I loved it. Paul Hogan was perfect. This has tremendous repeat value. Must have watched it over 50 times in the last 30 years. A true classic in its own right. 

Its run was spectacular to say the least. Agree with others that this was a true phenomenon.

Was looking up some other stuff and came across the fact that this had a 23.5% market share in it's year of release in Australia. If something did that in the US today it would make like $2.5 billion.

Pretty insane box office run from whatever way you look at it.

20 hours ago, aabattery said:

Was looking up some other stuff and came across the fact that this had a 23.5% market share in it's year of release in Australia. If something did that in the US today it would make like $2.5 billion.

Pretty insane box office run from whatever way you look at it.

So you mean in AUS majority of the population watched crocodile dundee? Considering its low population and 40M+ in the 80s is Mindblowinggg