YM!

Weekend Estimates: Lego Batman 55.6M, 50 Shades 46.7M, John Wick 2 30M

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

WAG are already doing better than SPA and at $80m budget, the film is going to be profitable for WB. I imagine they'll be happy with $40-50m OW for future films

Goes to show you only need a good team of writers with imagination, not super expensive set pieces & high tech digital trickery.

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

WAG isn't at that level yet, both WDAS and Illumination took time to get that level 

i think Lego Batman will do over $400m WW, the OS of the first Lego Movie was $211m and I imagine it'll do more 

Actually Illumination got to THAT level 3 years after their 1st movie (Despicable Me) w/Despicable Me 2. Granted, the OG Despicable Me was a bigger hit than The Lego Movie WW, and The Lorax was also quite successful, but still. Hop and Storks are basically on par (sadly), even if the rabbit SOB got to 100M DOM and Storks didn't (even more sadly).

It's possible, if not likely, that it gets to 400M+ WW, although OS hasn't been a big friend of animation this past year.

Funny that Lego Bats will play closer to Lorax, which was the 3rd Illumination movie as well.

EDIT: Glad that it opened to 55M, that's nice. Over Trolls, if memory doesn't fail me, and that got close to 150 despite Moana opening 2 weeks later. Bats has no competition until BATB and Boss Baby a month from now, and it has waaaayyyyyy better wom than Trolls. Although it doesn't have Thanksgiving or a holiday next weekend, so yeah.

And Wick opened to 30M, which is AWESOME. If it gets to 100M, Lionsgate will have 100% redeemed their shit 2016.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Actually Illumination got to THAT level 3 years after their 1st movie (Despicable Me) w/Despicable Me 2. Granted, the OG Despicable Me was a bigger hit than The Lego Movie WW, and The Lorax was also quite successful, but still. Hop and Storks are basically on par (sadly), even if the rabbit SOB got to 100M DOM and Storks didn't (even more sadly).

It's possible, if not likely, that it gets to 400M+ WW, although OS hasn't been a big friend of animation this past year.

Funny that Lego Bats will play closer to Lorax, which was the 3rd Illumination movie as well.

Using that logic Ninjago does over $300M.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I am tecnically speaking the truth. My Derby number for John Wick 2 is 30.3M :lol: 

Oh please. We all know you secretly root for their failing every time. Remember when you kept saying they would curse La La Land even after it was raking in the big bucks? For that, you should be banished to the Phantom Zone.

8 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

EDIT: Glad that it opened to 55M, that's nice. Over Trolls, if memory doesn't fail me, and that got close to 150 despite Moana opening 2 weeks later. Bats has no competition until BATB and Boss Baby a month from now, and it has waaaayyyyyy better wom than Trolls. Although it doesn't have Thanksgiving or a holiday next weekend, so yeah.

And Wick opened to 30M, which is AWESOME. If it gets to 100M, Lionsgate will have 100% redeemed their shit 2016.

Actually next weekend is a 4 day weekend.

9 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Using that logic Ninjago does over $300M.

54e959affd70de44152880de174e060b.gif

(For the record, my logic was to ignore Lorax altogether and directly compare LBM to DM2, but ehh)

Actually next weekend is a 4-day weekend.

Oh, I thought President's Day weekend was this weekend. Eh, I'm not American, so I failed there. My bad.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Oh please. We all know you secretly root for their failing every time. Remember when you kept saying they would curse La La Land even after it was raking in the big bucks? For that, you should be banished to the Phantom Zone.

LLL ending under HF and all the shitty expansions it had prove Lionsgate is a bunch of amateurs playing in the movie business.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

The earth is flat.

It is an alternative fact. I did put 30M for JW2 in the Derby.