Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

5 minutes ago, franfar said:

Kingsman is gonna open on the same weekend as American Made w/Tom Cruise. That'll be kinda competitive

Hopefully Kingsman sweeps and Ninjago destroys American Made

4 minutes ago, franfar said:

Kingsman is gonna open on the same weekend as American Made w/Tom Cruise. That'll be kinda competitive

I don't think it's gonna be that competitive unless AM experiences a Sully-like breakout (and Sully only broke out because of the fame of its story + the perfect casting of Tom Hanks). Kingsman has A LOT of goodwill coming off the original, which opened to almost 40M despite going against the 85M OW of the original Fifty Shades. I see this as a bigger version of the Maze Runner 2/Black Mass throwdown, if anything.

• Like 1

Just now, franfar said:

No, I mean there's overlap between the audiences. At least I think so. 

Even with Tom Cruise, it has bomb written all over it. The movie has been finished since November, so we know it won't be an awards contender because Universal could have made this one last year if they wanted to. 

• Like 1

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

I don't think it's gonna be that competitive unless AM experiences a Sully-like breakout (and Sully only broke out because of the fame of its story + the perfect casting of Tom Hanks). Kingsman has A LOT of goodwill coming off the original, which opened to almost 40M despite going against the 85M OW of the original Fifty Shades. I see this as a bigger version of the Maze Runner 2/Black Mass throwdown, if anything.

Yeah, and MR 2/Black Mass were close in OW

1 N Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials Fox $30,316,510 - 3,791 - $7,997 $30,316,510 $61 1
2 N Black Mass WB $22,635,037 - 3,188 - $7,100 $22,635,037 $53 1

Just now, DAJK said:

Just had a dream last night that Death Cure (maze runner 3) opened to 60M, and that Dark Tower and Kingsman opened on the same day but did 100M OW combined.

:wintf::winomg:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, franfar said:

Yeah, and MR 2/Black Mass were close in OW

1 N Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials Fox $30,316,510 - 3,791 - $7,997 $30,316,510 $61 1
2 N Black Mass WB $22,635,037 - 3,188 - $7,100 $22,635,037 $53 1

Like I said, BIGGER version. Kingsman will be the biggest September opener since Hotel Transylvania 2, I reckon (which isn't that much to say, but it's something), and has a serious shot at 40M+. AM will do more than BM, but it'd need to be Bourne Identity good in order to have a shot at 30M.

@John Marston uhh... only possible explanation is that it may not be quite ready to be pushed up a month. After all, it still only moved a weekend from where it was.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Like I said, BIGGER version. Kingsman will be the biggest September opener since Hotel Transylvania 2, I reckon (which isn't that much to say, but it's something), and has a serious shot at 40M+. AM will do more than BM, but it'd need to be Bourne Identity good in order to have a shot at 30M.

NINJAGO OW over HT2 OW and then Kingsman does $55M OW breaking Ninjago's record the week after.

Edited by YourMother

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Why not move Kingsman to the empty August?

True, August is missing a big movie. Post the Dunkirk weekend, the summer just dies this year. Last year we still had Trek, Bourne and Squad post that weekend. Very frontloaded summer this time.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

They are intimidated, "Get Out" is the LAST movie they want/ed to do well, given its raw agenda and a POC dominated cast

28 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

I truly hope "GITS" will flop miserably next weeked. Everyone should boycott it.

15 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

"out there" and "risky" movies usually don't have a 100 million + budget, they are also funded by director's own pocket (Birth of Nation & Get Out)

cap-y-every-time-u-speak-i-wanna-throw-t

• Like 8