WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

15 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Crazy for BB. Did not see that coming. It looks bad.

Whenever I'd go into Boss Baby at work to do theatre checks I could barely hear some of the dialogue, as kids would just be roaring with laughter at something that was said previously.

Prime example of why I'm not going to see it until the latest possible showtime on a Monday night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Just saw gits.

Not a crowd pleaser or the ideal gits adaptation but I wish it could've gotten Pacific Rim or Lucy numbers.

Paramount actually tried to make a decent anime adaptation that doesn't totally shit on the fans.

That should count for something.

The casting shit on the fans.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, DAJK said:

It's like the feeling you get when you find out the popular girl thinks you're hot tbh

One time I asked Rth which theaters were top for Star Wars in my area and he answered. I didn't clear my browser history for weeks. It was like being touched by the divine (and not the creepy way from Spotlight). :P

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Momo said:

I do feel bad for GITS fans. As a fan of a series that tanked at the box office, PR. I know it sucks when your hopes are dashed.

power rangers made 40 Ow, put the cheetos down MoMo , step away from the keyboard

cheeto.png?w=535

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

We live in a world where Norbit adjusts to over $100M in ticket sales. "It looks bad" is hardly a setback for a movie.

It can be a setback. POWER RANGERS is one example. Even the overseas auds aren't excited for it.

56 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Whenever I'd go into Boss Baby at work to do theatre checks I could barely hear some of the dialogue, as kids would just be roaring with laughter at something that was said previously.

Prime example of why I'm not going to see it until the latest possible showtime on a Monday night. 

I got that kind of reaction while watching MINIONS. lol Big mistake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyLL said:

I'm not surprised.

It's a kids movie and the trailer always got a positive reaction in the theater.  If my kid was 5 years younger I'd have no problem taking him.  

Compare that to something like Norm of the North which seemed so cringe worthy that I wouldn't have seen that no matter how much my kid begged me.

NORM OF THE NORTH was in a different league in a negative kind of way. :lol:

10 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Fuck the entire racist piece of shit film for the whitewashed trash it is.

Have you seen it? The filmmakers make various missteps, but they were clearly trying to cover themselves both ways. One of the reasons the movie fails is because of this, but it's not as cut and dry as you make it sound. (At least in my opinion).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

i went to japan before and was amazed how much japanese love and worship white people, they love whites playing their heroes, why are non japanese asians and non japanese people so butt hurt

Please don't start this again. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Telerian said:

Have you seen it? The filmmakers make various missteps, but they were clearly trying to cover themselves both ways. One of the reasons the movie fails is because of this, but it's not as cut and dry as you make it sound. (At least in my opinion).

This I agree with. I feel like there were reshoots to address this and it just makes it worse.

8 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Fuck the entire racist piece of shit film for the whitewashed trash it is.

I can understand your reaction, but there are a lot of elements of the film that can be separated from that and judged on their own merits.