YM!

YourMother's Insane Wet, then Spooky, then Festive 2017 Domestic Predictions

9 hours ago, YourMother said:
  Reveal hidden contents

7/21/17

Dunkirk (NolanxStyles is the new otp)

$50M/$175M (3.5x)

With God Nolan in charge, the WB's marketing machine, and possibly tweenage to teenage girls, Dunkirk will be the movie we deserve, but expect a small but big OW (Small compared to  Nolan's other films) with a frontloaded Friday due to 1D fans and we call it a flop, but has great legs due to lack of films for the older crowds.

Girl's Trip (Guuuuuuurrrrrrrrrlllllllllllllllllllll!)

$25M/$90M (3.6x)

Although I don't think it'll be as big as some of the other comedies this year, it will definitely attract women and African Americans. If this gets great reviews, I wouldn't be surprised for $100M+

Valerian and The City of a Thousand Planets 

@That One Guy beware

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

$20M/$50M (2.5x)

Although this has trailer views, it may join Creech in the title of big bombs this year. It won't attract families, nor will it attract anyone else in general. That being said, I expect a OW around the 20's with a total around the 50's.

wtf.

• Like 1

8/4/17

The Dark Tower (Show me the marketing!)

Spoiler

Prepare for boldness

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

$75M/$205M (2.73x)

Since this opens in a barren August and the new prime first weekend of August spot, great cast and Sony will try to market the hell out of it, I can see this as a big surprise, hopefully they'll release a trailer with F8 or GV2, to get the hype train on full speed.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

8/4/17

The Dark Tower

Reveal hidden contents

I wish.

Not happening though.

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

I wish.

Not happening though.

I remember a time when people said Strange, Ant Man, and Guardians would do under $170M domestic, a time when people said Smurf Sqwad wouldn't make over $300M domestic, however they had marketing but it's not to late for Sony to turn it around.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

I remember a time when people said Strange, Ant Man, and Guardians would do under $170M domestic, a time when people said Smurf Sqwad wouldn't make over $300M domestic, however they had marketing but it's not to late for Sony to turn it around.

Yeah... No, sadly.

9 minutes ago, YourMother said:

8/4/17

The Dark Tower (Show me the marketing!)

Reveal hidden contents

NOPE

8/11/17

Annabella: Creation (of a Conjuring Cinematic Universe)

$45M/$100M (2.22x)

As a part of the beloved Conjuring Universe, decent views, and thanks to a very barren summer, I can really see a break out for this film. The Conjuring universe has the potential to be the MCU of horror.

8/18/17

The Hitman's Bodyguard (starring Samuel L. Jackson)

$13M/$45M (3.46x)

Due to this being a Lionsgate release and the fact it doesn't strike me as a big film, thinking numbers similar to The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature (Oh My God, it's Jackie Chan, Oh My God, it's Jackie Chan)

$18M/$60M (3.33x)

This looks soooooo cringey, but I can see this remaining flat from the first Nut Job, despite how bad it looks.

8/25/17 (Weekend of non events)

Polaroid 

$10M/$25M (2.5x)

Seems like this horror movie will be easily forgotten especially in August, not expecting much. 

Villa Capri

$8M/$26M (3.25x)

Another easily forgotten movie in August, seems like another non event.

Renegades 

$4M/$14M (3.5x)

Another forgotten movie. 

9/1/17 (I'm in Labor.... Day Weekend)

Leap

$4M (3 Day)/$6M (4 Day)/$12M (3x from 3 day, 2x for 4 day)

As history has spoken before if there is two things in animation that don't mix is Lionsgate and Weinstein.

9/8/17

IT ('s Alive!!!)

Spoiler

Prepare for boldness!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

$75M/$160M (2.13x)

With great trailer views, the power of nostalgia, and 2017 being the year of horror, IT will breakout hugely. Although I doubt it'll reach $180M+, the hype seems big enough for a huge OW.

Home Again

$8.5M/$26M (3.05x)

Although opening next to IT may not be wise, this should do decent business.

Midnight Sun

$3.5M/$9M (2.57x)

This should be hurt by both IT and Home Again, not expecting much from this either.

9/15/17

The Solutrean 

$15M/$50M (3.33x)

You know although I don't think this movie will be too much of a draw, I can see this movie having decent legs. 

American Assassin

$10M/$32M (3.2x) 

What can I say, this'll be another Lionsgate non event.

Just now, YourMother said:

American Assassin

$10M/$32M (3.2x) 

What can I say, this'll be another Lionsgate non event.

I think this has potential to do a lot more.  Isn't it based on a best selling book?

Just now, Alli said:

I think this has potential to do a lot more.  Isn't it based on a best selling book?

Still with Granite, Kingsman 2, and Blade Runner back to back, I think this may be a soft movie.

9/22/17 (Either a YourMother Breakdown will happen or a celebration)

The Lego Ninjago Movie (Don't break my heart please!!!)

Spoiler

Prepare for boldness again!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

$40M/$135M (3.38x)

While I can't see Lego Batman, HT2, or even HT1, this should do decent business. The Lego franchise domestically at least still is loved. With a great cast featuring Dave Franco, Jackie Chan, and Michael Peña, it should do decent business, consider Leap will be forgotten and it's the last major family movie since both  Emoji Movie and Nut Job 2. I hope this does well for Lego and WAG's sake.

Granite Mountain

$22M/$66M (3x)

Not expecting much for this but it should do around Looper/Deepwater Horizon numbers domestic.

Friend Request

$3.5M/$7M (2x)

Friend Request looks like another Belko/The Green Inferno type movie but should do decently.

• Like 1