That One Girl

Isn't It Romantic | Feb. 14 2019 | Warner/New Line | Rebel Wilson

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

This is listed as an original movie in future Netflix releases, but without a date yet: https://www.netflix.com/title/80200642

Do we know if Warner/New Line sold the international rights to them? I searched everywhere and couldn't find an article mentioning it.

I'll be honest; to me, releasing this only in domestic theaters while giving Netflix the international rights is probably a great move, because I feel like this is the type of film where it's exponentially more plausible to market this in America and Canada than it is to market it in foreign countries, kind of like the way it is for foreign films in America.

On 11/12/2018 at 3:54 AM, Slambros said:

I'll be honest; to me, releasing this only in domestic theaters while giving Netflix the international rights is probably a great move, because I feel like this is the type of film where it's exponentially more plausible to market this in America and Canada than it is to market it in foreign countries, kind of like the way it is for foreign films in America.

yeah which is the treatment melissa mcarthy's lead movies get usually, people dont really check for these female comedian types outside usa-aus and maybe uk

ps: rebel is painfully unfunny to me

On 11/11/2018 at 7:54 PM, Slambros said:

I'd have thought they'd also try and release it theatrically in India as well considering Priyanka's starpower there.

Making this a Netflix Movie overseas is just so frustrating. So here's, finally, a very well received trailer for a woman centered movie, a genre, that nearly died, and they keep it out of theatres instead of using it, bringing audiences back.

I sincerly hope, that one day, studios understand and regret all their faults and self-fulfilling prophecies.

3 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Making this a Netflix Movie overseas is just so frustrating. So here's, finally, a very well received trailer for a woman centered movie, a genre, that nearly died, and they keep it out of theatres instead of using it, bringing audiences back.

I sincerly hope, that one day, studios understand and regret all their faults and self-fulfilling prophecies.

huh? actually if the movie is good (birdbox) the movie will be more popular/talked about than if it comes on theatres

3 hours ago, Poseidon said:

To be fair, this probably wasn’t gonna make much of anything overseas aside from Rebel Wilson’s home country.

58 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

huh? actually if the movie is good (birdbox) the movie will be more popular/talked about than if it comes on theatres

And how does a Netflix success help the Movie/Cinema-Industry in any case?

All a Netflix success does is set peoples bar of expectations lower and makes them forget the magic, a big screen still provides. 

Cinema makes Comedy a much better experience, it should always be shown for a room full of people.

Edited by Poseidon

16 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

And how does a Netflix success help the Movie/Cinema-Industry in any case?

All a Netflix success does is set peoples bar of expectations lower and makes them forget the magic, a big screen still provides. 

Cinema makes Comedy a much better experience, it should always be shown for a room full of people.

Problem is people aren't going out to comedies like they used to even if they're good.

4 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Problem is people aren't going out to comedies like they used to even if they're good.

I feel pretty did pretty ok OS to be honest, its just that most comedians are pretty local to the USA and dont interest overseas at all (will ferrell, melissa mcarthy, kevin hart, tina fey, amy poehler, haddish...)

comedians back then (jim carrey, will smith, eddy murphy, robin williams) were global stars

10 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

She has an extensive resume of Bollywood films, doesn't she? Doesn't that speak to her starpower there? Or am I missing something.

That speak of her filmography not star power. Star power is her ability to sell those movies which she has almost nothing now. She had some in early 2010s nothing now. 

Her next if any won't open to ₹1cr ($140k) even if doesn't have strong male lead.

I have some disagreement but this is general idea of Top Hindi industry star in India, she ain't in Top 20.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=4102

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

1 minute ago, TombRaider said:

I feel pretty did pretty ok OS to be honest, its just that most comedians are pretty local to the USA and dont interest overseas at all (will ferrell, melissa mcarthy, kevin hart, tina fey, amy poehler, haddish...)

comedians back then (jim carrey, will smith, eddy murphy, robin williams) were global stars

Even Stateside, studio comedies don't seem to be doing the blockbuster business the past couple of years like they used to.

33 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

That speak of her filmography not star power. Star power is her ability to sell those movies which she has almost nothing now. She had some in early 2010s nothing now. 

Her next if any won't open to ₹1cr ($140k) even if doesn't have strong male lead.

I have some disagreement but this is general idea of Top Hindi industry star in India, she ain't in Top 20.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=4102

Well, Priyanka certainly enjoys playing the PR game. 😆

Edited by Jay Beezy

3 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Well, Priyanka certainly enjoys playing the PR game. 😆

That's only thing she is capable of doing. She had a big film this year Bharat starring Salman Khan but she "apparently" dumped it for Cowboy Ninja Viking, which is "apparently" delayed. Basically it's sunset for her.