YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

PotC and Underpants are probably gonna die and others like Alien and Baywatch will disappear.

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Hope not. Next week could be a good weekend for Pirates with Fathers Day and Cars 3 double features 

Using my theater as an example of an average midsize theater, this is what it currently has:

Wonder Woman on 3 screens

The Mummy on 2 screens

It Comes at Night

Megan Leavey

Captain Underpants

POTC

Baywatch

GOTG

Everything Everything

The Mummy and WW are clearly losing their additional and third screen respectively. Baywatch and EE are easy targets to go, so that's 4 screens available. Megan Leavey either goes split screen with GOTG or ICAN, and that's 5 screens available for the 4 new releases. POTC and CU are safe

• Like 1

Which will be the better year for superhero movies?

2017: Lego Batman, Logan, GotG2, Wonder Woman, Thor Ragnorok, and Justice League.

2018: Black Panther, Infinity War, Deadpool 2, Ant-Man and Wasp, Venom, animated Spider-man, and Aquaman.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 2

My birthday movie this year's Coco. (Technically it's Call Me By Your Name, but it won't be out in my town.) I'm honestly so privileged to have my birthday on Thanksgiving week, bc there's always at least one bomb-ass movie out on that week.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

2017: Lego Batman, Logan, GotG2, Wonder Woman, Thor Ragnorok, and Justice League.

2018: Black Panther, Infinity War, Deadpool 2, Ant-Man and Wasp, Venom, animated Spider-man, and Aquaman.

2018 by a mile, if only for BP and Aquaman

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

2/5 vs 0/5. ?