WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

38 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Nah, I agree with him b/c I just watched it again...that star turn doesn't age as well, particularly when you've seen the new turn.  It's not that it's gotten worse, it's just what you've seen has gotten better.  It's like eating ground chuck all your life and then getting filet (if no one liked my ice cream analogy yesterday).  For those who disagree, watch both again 24 hours apart and see what you think...

He also looks too old for the part - not his fault, but now it takes you out of the movie b/c you've seen someone much closer in look and age to the part desired...

I personally disagree with everything about this post. I did just watch the first three Spider-Mans again and Tobey Maguire is awesome in it. The third movie pretty much sucks but the first two are Classics and will always be Classics in my eyes. You're obviously entitled to your opinion, no problem there. But I just disagree with it.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Marvel is becoming very frontloaded much like an aging TV series.

Mainly the Avengers ensembles, sequels, and teamups. The only sequels/teamups/ensembles to do over a 2.5x multiple were TWS, Homecoming, and GV2. I think Black Panther and likely Captain Marvel may have some nice legs. Thor 3 and Ant Man 2 will have typical Marvel sequel legs, and IW while opening big will have the same or worse legs than CW.

40 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Go see it...it has the best 3rd act of all supers this year...it feels like a love letter to the original creators of the comics - they so embraced exactly who Spidey was and is:)...

If it was a love letter to the original comics, then they wouldn't have done what they did to the supporting characters.

Love it or hate it, this was a slap against the original characters (other than Peter).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

And you liked Tobey better?  Age wise, acting wise, Spidey concept wise?  Nah...Tom Holland is the best Spidey there's been done so far.  I'll stand by that...just like Vulture was the best villain.  Take down other parts of SMH, but disputing those two things would be old school "fightin' words":)...

Tom Holland was terrific as Spider-Man but that doesn't mean that Tobey Maguire was awful as Spider-Man. Just like I think Tobey Maguire was awesome as Spider-Man but I can also say the Tom Holland was great as well. And I don't think Homecoming  was anywhere near the best Spider-Man because I enjoyed the first two so much more. And a lot of that has to do with Tobey Maguire. Michael Keaton was terrific especially in one scene of homecoming. I didn't think Osborne was all that great but Alfred Molina was absolutely fantastic in the second one. Again you're entitled to your opinion but doesn't mean the rest of us have to agree with it.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

my top 5 CBMs

1. Lord of the Rings trilogy

2. Carol

3. The Talented Mr. Ripley

4. I'm Not There

5. Notes on a Scandal

You forgot Remains of the Day and 

Dogma.

• Like 1

Vulture is actually a good villain, which I'm surprised, even though I like the MCU most of their villains have ranged from forgettable to pure trash.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Vulture is actually a good villain, which I'm surprised, even though I like the MCU most of their villains have ranged from forgettable to pure trash.

Vulture was fine with one really good scene. I think people are getting overexcited because there's a villain who doesn't suck for a change.

• Like 11

Homecoming is still upper class/top tier MCU imo. It's probably tied for my favorite Spider-Man movie with SM2. 

Also I'm seeing Apes today.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

People will always love Tobey M because he was the first one. People are attached to his interpretation.

People must still be attached to Bana's Hulk because he was the first one, using that logic.

People are still attached to Tobey's take because they liked/loved it - it's that simple.

• Like 8

So this is what happens when we don't have any more numbers. We just start talking about the best comic book movies and so on.

Never change, forums. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Tom Holland was terrific as Spider-Man but that doesn't mean that Tobey Maguire was awful as Spider-Man. Just like I think Tobey Maguire was awesome as Spider-Man but I can also say the Tom Holland was great as well. And I don't think Homecoming  was anywhere near the best Spider-Man because I enjoyed the first two so much more. And a lot of that has to do with Tobey Maguire. Michael Keaton was terrific especially in one scene of homecoming. I didn't think Osborne was all that great but Alfred Molina was absolutely fantastic in the second one. Again you're entitled to your opinion but doesn't mean the rest of us have to agree with it.

Of course not...you'd just be "wrong:)"...

This post is teasing, in case you haven't figured out that I don't get spun up in these comic wars...I just enjoy we have so many supers films that we can compare them - what an awesome world:)...

• Like 2

Just now, ddddeeee said:

People must still be attached to Bana's Hulk because he was the first one, using that logic.

People are still attached to Tobey's take because they liked/loved it - it's that simple.

Yeah he was good and he starred in two good movies. I'm just saying it's gonna be hard for a new actor to compete

Tobey is a fantastic Spider-Man. I mean you can't beat his performance in a single film but Holland has massive potential and I really liked his take.