Rorschach

Rorschach's Reviews 3.0 Year 1

June Part 1

Airframe

A decent thriller but it kind of drops the ball in the third act.

C+

The Great White

Watching the Rock duke it out with a Great White Shark is pretty much worth the price of admission alone. Other than that, the first half of the film feels like Michael Bay trying to make a more fast-edited, dumbed down version of Jaws. 

C-

Go Go-Bots

The all-star cast is impressive but it, unfortunately, doesn't make the film stand-out amongst a plethron of big screen Sci-Fi adaptations we've gotten this year.

C

Lucky

Tom Hardy as a fucking leprechaun

tumblr_mvnr66OQRC1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

D

Minnie's Treasure Hunt

Can't wait for the Timmy/Minnie Avengers-style crossover movie @cookie

B-

RollerCoaster

It's a pretty fun thrill ride (literally and figuratively) that I'm sure will be a crowd-pleaser amongst fans of the genre.

B

• Haha 1

June Part 2

Me and My Shadow

Absolutely fantastic film from start to finish. Creative, funny, fantastic voice acting, and a terrific blend of 2D and 3D animation. My only real gripe with the film is that Shadow Central wasn't nearly as fleshed out or developed as I would've liked to have seen. From what was given to us, it seems like a rather interesting place but the film doesn't really give us enough time to explore it. Despite that, it doesn't really hinder my enjoyment of the film and I think it would be a really good place to explore if a sequel is made (which it definitely should). Overall, the film is fantastic and I give props to both @spaghetti! and @rukaio101 for reviving an abandoned film project and breathing a unique life into it. (Seriously though, Dreamworks has been really pissing me off lately with their choices in film projects. I'm sad that they don't have the balls to revive this fantastic idea of a film)

A

The Yellow Wallpaper

While the plot feels a little dragged out due to a rather thin plotline and the anti-climactic ending, Aronofsky more than makes up for it by providing a tense and thrilling descent into madness, with kudos to Rose Byrne for excellently portraying this. 

B+

Agents

tenor.gif

D+

Sailing Champion

This is the second Owen Wilson comedy film this year featuring him, the ocean, a female counterpart, and a rival serving as a foil to him. I hope this doesn't become a typecast role for him 

D

• Like 1

Top 10 Best Films of the Year (so far)

Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills @Xillix

SOMA @ChD

The Yellow Wallpaper @Alpha

A Love to Die For @spaghetti!

Mara, Daughter of the Nile @Hiccup23

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Rorschach said:

Sailing Champion

This is the second Owen Wilson comedy film this year featuring him, the ocean, a female counterpart, and a rival serving as a foil to him. I hope this doesn't become a typecast role for him 

D

If this is referring to Second Wind Owen Wilson's not in that one.