Gopher

The Official Box Office Theory's Favorite Movies of 2007 List!

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix- 31Superbad- 28The Lives of Others- 28The Diving Bell and the Butterfly- 28Eastern Promises- 27Juno- 27 American Gangster- 26Before the Devil Knows You're Dead- 26Once- 25Persepolis- 22Sunshine- 20Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End- 17 National Treasure: Book of Secrets- 16Live Free or Die Hard- 16Wristcutters: A Love Story- 15 Bridge to Terabithia- 14 Hairspray- 13The Wind that Shakes the Barley- 13 Reign Over Me- 12 Surf's Up- 12 Shoot Em Up- 11 Oceans Thirteen- 10 For the Bible Tells Me So- 9 Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story- 9 (shame on you people for not seeing this gem) Atonement- 9 The Pixar Story- 8 REC- 8 The Simpsons Movie- 8 His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass- 8 The Mourning Forest- 7 Enchanted- 7Lars and the Real Girl- 7 Stardust- 7 The Man from Earth- 7 5 Centimeters per Second- 6 Meet the Robinsons- 6 Grindhouse- 5 Alpha Dog- 5 The King of Kong- 4 Across the Universe- 3 Elite Squad- 3 The Heartbreak Kid- 3 30 Days of Night- 2 Shelter- 2 The Mist- 2 Freedom Writers- 2 This is England- 2 La Vie En Rose- 2 Dan in Real Life- 2 Death at a Funeral- 1 Blades of Glory- 1 Hot Rod- 1 The Lookout- 1 Edited by Gopher

I just got done watching Sunshine, and it is now my top movie of the year, up from not even in the top 15. Oh well.

I'm really surprised that only Numbers and I had Sunshine in our top 15. It's a great sci-fi film. I know it didn't do very well in theaters but I would have thought more people would have seen it by now.

Sorry this is starting so late. Also, though these movies do deserve them, I don't have time for huge descriptions. People can chime in as they wish.

Also, I believe I've goofed up and Order of the Phoenix was actually #15 with 31 points, as listed above. Whatever, Noctis won't care.

14. Knocked Up (38 points, 5 lists)

Posted Image

Apatow has directed and produced many funny films, but Knocked Up is one of his funniest and most mature works to date. I'm really hoping This is Forty lives up to it.

Edited by Gopher

13. Transformers (40 points, 4 lists)

Posted Image

Of Bay's bombastic, stupid trilogy, this actually had some classic Bay moments of awe and fun. Otherwise, it's a shame to see a director so embraced for all of his worst qualities.

Edited by Gopher

:angry: at Transformers pushing out The Lives of Others, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Eastern Promises, etc. It's actually a decent, enjoyable film, but doesn't deserve to be within Hail-Mary distance of a Top 15 list.Like the 3:10 mention

Three-way tie!

11. The Bourne Ultimatum (65 points, 9 lists)

Posted Image

10. Gone Baby Gone (65 points, 7 lists)

Posted Image

9. Michael Clayton (65 points, 9 lists)

Posted Image

I don't have a whole lot to say about these three, but I really enjoyed all of them. Bourne is a helluva thriller, Gone Baby Gone is a startling directing debut from Ben Affleck and Michael Clayton is one of the ultimate lawyer movies.

7. Hot Fuzz (74 points, 9 lists)

Posted Image

Hot Fuzz isn't a perfect movie, but I'll take it over Shaun of the Dead any day of the week. The action is so over-the-top and the fish out of water story is so entertaining that it's hard not to have fun.

Edited by Gopher

6. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (100 points, 9 lists)

Posted Image

Westerns had a good revival year in 2007, but this beautifully contemplative film with killer performances from Pitt and Casey Affleck took the throwback cake.