Ezen Baklattan

CAYOM I - The Academy Awards

3 minutes ago, spaghetti! said:

Year 2 actuals should be gloriously demented.

Please don't remind me. I am actually so nervous for the actuals for next year. 

I am not lying...Year 1 was kind of a disappointment and if Year 2 is worse, my studio might be shutting down. 

10 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Yeah if it's all joking around and bluster it's kinda funny but if it gets to the point where reviews and awards snubs actually influence box office it kinda breaks the game.

Reviews as a collective whole can influence box office performance but the person doing the actuals should remain  neutral while doing the actuals as possible. You should do the actuals passed off the real box office + collective reviews + predictions from forum members. 

Edited by Hiccup23

14 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Reviews as a collective whole can influence box office performance but the person doing the actuals should remain  neutral while doing the actuals as possible. You should do the actuals passed off the real box office + collective reviews + predictions from forum members. 

I meant more reviews as in "oh my movies got bad reviews last year so Ima make this a flop now," not "the reviews were bad so this won't have good legs." Obviously the second one makes perfect sense :P 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cookie said:

Oh I won't have to change a single digit.

I can hurt you in other ways.

Hunchback had the most nominations of the year and won a solid amount so calm down hunny. Some of us didn't win a thing, so your good. Count your blessings darling. 

tenor.gif

• Like 2

Yeah I'm gonna break character and distance myself from that last post because it got a bit much even for me :/

I was kinda shocked that Hunchback won Best Ensemble when it lost all three acting awards it was nominated for, and going by the vote tallies a pretty good margin too.

Scrooge... Big letdown but I kinda saw it coming, mainly because at least two members weren't so hot on it (you know who you are) and I have a bit of a tendency to snag defeat from the jaws of victory. (But really @Xillix? Third?) Tbh David Tennant losing was the bigger disappointment.

Edited by cookie

5 hours ago, cookie said:

Yeah I'm gonna break character and distance myself from that last post because it got a bit much even for me :/

I was kinda shocked that Hunchback won Best Ensemble when it lost all three acting awards it was nominated for, and going by the vote tallies a pretty good margin too.

Scrooge... Big letdown but I kinda saw it coming, mainly because at least two members weren't so hot on it (you know who you are) and I have a bit of a tendency to snag defeat from the jaws of victory. (But really @Xillix? Third?) Tbh David Tennant losing was the bigger disappointment.

I am sorry. :( I guess it didn't come off as light hearted as I intended