Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, That One Guy said:

Our Christmas movie is probably gonna be All the Money in the World.  Nothing quite says the holidays like a good 'ol kidnapping and ear mutilation.

You can make it a Christopher Plummer Christmas if you pull a double with All the Money in the World and The Man Who Invented Christmas. 

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Our Christmas movie is probably gonna be All the Money in the World.  Nothing quite says the holidays like a good 'ol kidnapping and ear mutilation.

I'm surprised she didn't mention that one. After seeing The Counselor together, another bleak Ridley Scott joint would right up our alley.

But there's no way in hell I'm letting that happen. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

I'm surprised she didn't mention that one. After seeing The Counselor together, another bleak Ridley Scott joint would right up our alley.

But there's no way in hell I'm letting that happen. 

Maybe she thinks Kevin Spacey is still in the movie. Passed by the theater at Sawgrass yesterday and they still had the poster from back when he was in the movie still up in the Coming Soon section outside.

• Like 1

My birthday is on the 2nd. Usually, I go out to see a movie that day. This past January I saw La La Land, 2016 was The Force Awakens (2nd viewing), 2015 was Mockingjay: Part 1, 2014 was Anchorman 2, 2013 was Life of Pi, and 2012 was The Muppets. Not quite sure yet what I wanna see this upcoming year. Jumanji might be the candidate.

3 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

My birthday is on the 2nd. Usually, I go out to see a movie that day. This past January I saw La La Land, 2016 was The Force Awakens (2nd viewing), 2015 was Mockingjay: Part 1, 2014 was Anchorman 2, 2013 was Life of Pi, and 2012 was The Muppets. Not quite sure yet what I wanna see this upcoming year. Jumanji might be the candidate.

I'd suggest Jumanji, just because that seems like it would be a good option if you wanna see a film just for entertainment, but I'd also recommend checking out any of the best picture potential nominees if you can, The Shape of Water being my personal favorite so far. 

I know my mom would probably love to see The Post this Christmas or after, and I'm interested too. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I love my mom.  When we got the trailer for Wonder Wheel in front of Florida Project, this was her reaction:

"Oh this looks good!"

*Woody Allen's name pops up*

"On second thought, this actually doesn't look good."

Being from Brooklyn, she just likes to watch shit set there and she loves Coney Island. Probably doesn't know or care Woody made it.

• Like 1

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

If anyone cares, the family is still deciding, but it's most likely we'll see either Call Me, 3 Billboards, Lady Bird, or All the Money, depending on what appears at our local theaters.

I'm seeing CMBYN (and possibly Pitch Perfect 3 - man, talk about JonathanLB's worst nightmare come true!) this weekend. Don't be jelly, CoolEric.