Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

My top ten as it stands right now

1. Get Out

2. Blade Runner

3. Lady Bird

4. Star Wars: The Last Jedi (the highest a blockbuster of near this magnitude has gotten since Dark Knight at this point)

5. Logan Lucky

6. Dunkirk

7. Mudbound

8. Detroit

9. War for the Planet of the Apes

10. Big Sick

Still need to see Shape of Water, Call Me By Your Name, Phantom Thread (yeee boy), The Post, and want to at least catch Molly's Game, All the Money in the World, and I Tonya too. Still a ton of things that can end up. Surprised how blockbuster heavy it is but some movies I expected to love I ended up merely liking (Florida Project, Three Billboards, Disaster Artist)

• Like 2

Top 10 rn:

1. mother!

2. Three Billboards

3. Get Out

4. Detroit

5. Coco

6. The Big Sick

7. Blade Runner 2049

8. Mudbound

9. Lady Bird

10. Star Wars: The Last Jedi/Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

I expect The Post and Phantom Thread to break into here at the very least. That whole bottom five could be knocked out tbh :lol: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

I still have a few movies to see (Call Me by Your Name, I Tonya, The Post, Molly's Game, Phantom Thread) but I'll go out on a limb and say that I'll be stunned if Darkest Hour doesn't take the honors for Most Overrated Movie of 2017. I'm actually amazed it got an 84% RT approval, it's so basic.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

My top ten as it stands right now

1. Get Out

2. Blade Runner

3. Lady Bird

4. Star Wars: The Last Jedi (the highest a blockbuster of near this magnitude has gotten since Dark Knight at this point)

5. Logan Lucky

6. Dunkirk

7. Mudbound

8. Detroit

9. War for the Planet of the Apes

10. Big Sick

Still need to see Shape of Water, Call Me By Your Name, Phantom Thread (yeee boy), The Post, and want to at least catch Molly's Game, All the Money in the World, and I Tonya too. Still a ton of things that can end up. Surprised how blockbuster heavy it is but some movies I expected to love I ended up merely liking (Florida Project, Three Billboards, Disaster Artist)

Don't sleep on Paddington 2 :ph34r:

Just now, filmlover said:

I still have a few movies to see (Call Me by Your Name, I Tonya, The Post, Molly's Game, Phantom Thread) but I'll go out on a limb and say that I'll be stunned if Darkest Hour doesn't take the honors for Most Overrated Movie of 2017. I'm actually amazed it got an 84% RT approval, it's so basic.

Want to see a better Winston Churchill I heard, watch the crown season 1. 

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

But I, TONYA got a 90% on RT. :thinking: 

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

It's fine. I'll just stare at Armie's Hammer tomorrow. It'll probably be just as beautiful.

But he doesn't show his hammer in the movie. :redcapes:

I read in an interview not too long ago that he almost didn't take on the movie because the original draft of the script had too much sex in it and he didn't want to embarrass his children. :lol:

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Top 10 rn:

1. mother!

2. Three Billboards

3. Get Out

4. Detroit

5. Coco

6. The Big Sick

7. Blade Runner 2049

8. Mudbound

9. Lady Bird

10. Star Wars: The Last Jedi/Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

I expect The Post and Phantom Thread to break into here at the very least. That whole bottom five could be knocked out tbh :lol: 

Han. You have good taste. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

But he doesn't show his hammer in the movie. :redcapes:

I read in an interview not too long ago that he almost didn't take on the movie because the original draft of the script had too much sex in it and he didn't want to embarrass his children. :lol:

Aww, he's such a dork.

Yet another reason I want to marry him.

• Like 1