Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Getting serious for just one sec here

Why start now? :)

I don't see why I need to watch whatever TV shows y'all want me to watch.

Because we want you to expand yourself outside of just watching movies all of the time. TV has become as good, if not better at times, in terms of storytelling and character building. It's an amazing time for TV.

I'm just fine without them

Clearly, you're not when you're watching garbage all the time. :)

I find them hard to get into anyway.

Then maybe you're watching the wrong stuff? 

Just enjoy what you wanna watch for yourself and let me enjoy what I wanna watch for myself :lol:

Whatever, you're missing out on some great stuff that maybe one day you'll appreciate. 

Edited by MrGamer

3 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

Plus it's silly to encapsulate all TV into one "them". 

The format doesn't work for me, sorry.  I find it much more difficult to get invested in something as long as a TV show compared to a movie (which is generally 3 and a half hours at the most).  I've tried starting TV shows multiple times before, and even if I enjoy them, I just find it difficult to continue after I've started watching them.

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The format doesn't work for me, sorry.  I find it much more difficult to get invested in something as long as a TV show compared to a movie (which is generally 3 and a half hours at the most).  I've tried starting TV shows multiple times before, and even if I enjoy them, I just find it difficult to continue after I've started watching them.

I'm afraid you've just defined yourself as the casual of all casuals. :lol: 

(edit: what is "the format"? TV shows can be 22 minutes. They can be upwards of two hours. They might have commercial breaks. They might not have commercial breaks. They might be a one-off, they might be a show that's running for ten seasons. They might tell procedurals with little connection from one episode to the next, they might be tightly serialized. They might be funny. They might be dark. They might be... but you get the idea.)

Edited by Telehilation
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Lot's of TV is pretty crap and long winded, pacing is always super slow. Content is generally really poor.

Edited by IronJimbo

3 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

(edit: what is "the format"? TV shows can be 22 minutes. They can be upwards of two hours. They might have commercial breaks. They might not have commercial breaks. They might be a one-off, they might be a show that's running for ten seasons. They might tell procedurals with little connection from one episode to the next, they might be tightly serialized. They might be funny. They might be dark. They might be... but you get the idea.)

For format, I'm mostly referring to serialized shows here and how they're structured with multiple episodes over multiple seasons.  I just don't like having to watch that much to get a full story/narrative.  Call me a casual all you want but it really doesn't work for me and I tend to lose interest quickly (even if I like the show).  If it's an episodic show that has no connecting plot with like 22 minute episodes, then I can probably sit down and watch a few episodes here and there and be fine with it (I don't go out of my way to watch them though unless they're on TV and I have nothing else to do).

26 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

Dunno if it's a good movie or not, but there's a pretty good interview with Duncan Jones about how this was pretty cathartic for him.

http://uproxx.com/movies/duncan-jones-mute/

I truly feel bad for the guy. He doesn't deserve any of the bad stuff that's happened to him. 

:whosad:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Do you enjoy reading novels or do you prefer picture books?