Impact

Best Supporting Actor-2012

Waltz, DiCaprio, and SLJ should all get noms for Django. Even though Waltz is basically lead, he'll get in here. I wish DiCap would win, but I highly doubt it. The only performance i really think deserves to win is PSH in Master. Tommy Lee Jones was fine, but not Oscar worthy. As I've said before, and some have said here, Spader was the stand out supporting actor in Lincoln.

Leo won`t win as long as he campaigns half-heartedly. People who win say they want to win. Or get influencial Hollywood stars say that for them. Or both. Cotillard is an example of an aggressive campaigner which locked her win when everyone thought Julie Christie had it in the purse. Melissa Leo, lol, yeah. Winslet had the Best Actress Time cover for The Reader. Celebs are rallying behind Impossible and naomi Watts. Brody won not only because he campaigned like his life depands on it but he got his direct competitors Nicholson and DDL pull for him. Waltz was aslo campaigning like crazy.So, yeah. There are rules and if you don`t play by them then your fans shouldn`t be too upset if you are snubbed for you obviously don`t want the statue badly enough to cross some lines of good taste.

Edited by fishnets

Leo won`t win as long as he campaigns half-heartedly. People who win say they want to win. Or get influencial Hollywood stars say that for them. Or both. Cotillard is an example of an aggressive campaigner which locked her win when everyone thought Julie Christie had it in the purse. Melissa Leo, lol, yeah. Winslet had the Best Actress Time cover for The Reader. Celebs are rallying behind Impossible and naomi Watts. Brody won not only because he campaigned like his life depands on it but he got his direct competitors Nicholson and DDL pull for him. Waltz was aslo campaigning like crazy.So, yeah. There are rules and if you don`t play by them then your fans shouldn`t be too upset if you are snubbed for you obviously don`t want the statue badly enough to cross some lines of good taste.

True, Streep only won her 3rd after she campaigned like crazy last year. DiCaprio I think, if he thinks that he has a shot at winning he'll be out there and he'll campaign fairly hard.

Leo`s a good sport. Doesn`t strike me as a type who goes around saying "I`m better than ______(actors from competing movies)" let alone "I`m better than ______(actors from my own movie)." There`s gotta be a reason why top directors and actors want to work with him.