WrathOfHan

The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Universal/Illumination | April 5, 2023 | Chris Pratt is Mario, Charlie Day is Luigi, Anya Taylor-Joy is Peach | The most profitable movie of 2023

only piece of marketing material so far that doesnt make the movie look like the defition of mediocre

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

On 2/16/2023 at 9:33 PM, DTP said:

Sounds about right.

Now give me that new 3D Mario game, it's been almost 6 years!

Not gonna happen until a Switch successor, which who knows when that will be at the rate Switch is still selling. BUT I do highly suspect a new 2D Mario on Switch is in the works to be announced around the movies release for later this year. 

11 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Not gonna happen until a Switch successor, which who knows when that will be at the rate Switch is still selling. BUT I do highly suspect a new 2D Mario on Switch is in the works to be announced around the movies release for later this year. 

Honestly, if it's as good as Odyssey and Galaxy were, I don't mind the wait. But they definitely should give us a new 2D game this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poweranimals said:

I have a feeling that the new Zelda game will be the last major title for the Switch and they're probably saving up releases for the successor. The Switch 2 or whatever they end up calling it.

Pikmin 4 has already been announced to come out after Zelda, and most reports say a Switch successor won't be ready until late next year at the earliest. I'm fairly certain we're getting at least a few more titles for the holidays.

Edited by cookie

I own a wii u and a good bunch of games on it, so im allowed to criticize Nintendo as much as I want; cant help but feel like this movie has turned people into bumbling fools 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 2

Switch is in an extremely unique and unprecedented situation where it’s basically passed the “expiration date” of a typical home console already, yet is still the best selling console in the world. Nintendo won’t put out a successor as long as it’s selling so much, think about how dumb that would be from any business perspective to throw away easy money like that.

That said, something like new 3D Mario or Kart or Smash is traditionally a once in a console type of thing, because they take their time with those. So I wouldn’t expect to see any of those until the next console, because they’re not going to put out a new console without those heavy hitters ready to go in the first couple years.

I do think there is still a TON they could do with Switch though if we’re stuck with it for a few more years. We know MP4 ofc, but there’s also new 2D Mario, new Donkey Kong, new 2D Zelda, new Star Fox etc that have never made their way to Switch. Then there’s the fan requested F Zero and Earthbound franchises that have been dormant forever that really only make sense to revive on a platform as successful as Switch. Rumors of another new 2D Metroid going into dev and the long rumored Wind Waker and TP ports. So there’s a lot they could do to keep it going without the really big hitters for a few more years, which is honestly what I think will happen: