Noctis

FB: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Why a $60m drop?

I think like with the 1st Potter the curiosity factor helped FB1. Even though HP1 legged it well there was a drop for HP2 globally. I expect the same here.

Something similar happened with Hobbit1 and Hobbit2 also. First one legged it well but 2nd dropped somewhat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

I think like with the 1st Potter the curiosity factor helped FB1. Even though HP1 legged it well there was a drop for HP2 globally. I expect the same here.

Something similar happened with Hobbit1 and Hobbit2 also. First one legged it well but 2nd dropped somewhat.

I kinda think that a lot of people were quite hesitant with the first Beasts. I had to convince some of my friends to go and see this since the only thing that had them kinda excited was the hedwig's theme.

What many people ignore is that the first movie's nostalgia factor was just based on JK's name (unlike any recent spin-off). There were no familiar characters to get you excited about it. 

Adding Dumbledore which is one of the most beloved HP characters and the good reception of the first movie will make this one increase, I believe. Of cource we have a long way to go and we need to see trailers to get a better idea but for now on I see an increase for this ($850-900m)

Edited by FantasticBeasts

Should be huge again. FB was literally a beast in the UK, with a higher gross than all Potters apart from 1, 2 (by 100k) and 7.2. Considering how consistent Potter is here, and around the world, I'm expecting £55-60m again, and $620m OS.

Domestic I'll say $240m for $840m WW.

Edited by Heretic

11 hours ago, a2knet said:

This isn't the same case at all, as were literally getting a whole raft of familiar characters and locations and the franchise is now familiar, after making 800 mil out of nothing. 

700 mil is a bit ridiculous and irrational for this franchise, sweetheart.