Fake

The Amazing Spider-Man OS Thread (413M)

Are you learning Chinese, you can write a sentence in Chinese,very good. :)

I just tried to learn some basic structures for the fun, I would like to learn it but I have no time for this, I must have perfect English and Spanish before, so I will wait 2 or 3 years and I will decide if I want to learn it I'm not sure because it's a very difficult and different language, we'll see.

I just tried to learn some basic structures for the fun, I would like to learn it but I have no time for this, I must have perfect English and Spanish before, so I will wait 2 or 3 years and I will decide if I want to learn it I'm not sure because it's a very difficult and different language, we'll see.

:) I also want to learn French if I have time.

Good luck, it's not easy :)

You're not kidding. I had two years of it in high school and it's pretty much all gone from my mind at this point (10 years later).

French is hell. And so is Deutsch and Portuguese. I doubt that I'd ever learn Portuguese correctly if I wasn't born here. English is seriously the easiest language out there, the way verbs just change when it's the third person and how most of the verbs don't have many variations make learning English so much easier than any language that I am aware of. I have a lot of trouble to learn Spanish too.

You're not kidding. I had two years of it in high school and it's pretty much all gone from my mind at this point (10 years later).

Yeah I know the reputation of my native language, it's hard, and it's true...BTW it's not very useful, the language is declining worldwide because it can't give economic opportunities, it's just good for litterature lovers..I'm sad about this but it's reality.

French is hell. And so is Deutsch and Portuguese. I doubt that I'd ever learn Portuguese correctly if I wasn't born here. English is seriously the easiest language out there, the way verbs just change when it's the third person and how most of the verbs don't have many variations make learning English so much easier than any language that I am aware of. I have a lot of trouble to learn Spanish too.

Spanish and Portuguese have many similarities, you should think Spanish is easy.As a French I think Spanish is easy because the 2 languages are similar, with Latin roots.English is easy, and very cool and so needed to have a good job, but I think the problem is that the pronunciation is difficult, the phonetics is terrible.I need to have a perfect English for my dream job, and talking it perfectly is pretty hard.The written English is easy.

Yeah I know the reputation of my native language, it's hard, and it's true...BTW it's not very useful, the language is declining worldwide because it can't give economic opportunities, it's just good for litterature lovers..I'm sad about this but it's reality.

Yeah, France is losing a lot of its influence in the world. Y'all still have awesome history to be proud of though. I was amazed when I visited Paris. The cool thing for us dumb Americans is that the rest of the world tries to make it as easy as possible for us when we travel. In Europe, I didn't have much issue at all with communication. A ton of people speak English there. I kinda wonder what will happen with China becoming a more dominant force on the world stage. Chinese seems like a pain in the ass to learn. I bet it's easier for them to learn English than it is for us to learn Chinese, but it will be interesting to see how things play out. Will the world continue to be primarily driven by English communication or will Chinese start to become a bigger form of communication?

Yeah, France is losing a lot of its influence in the world. Y'all still have awesome history to be proud of though. I was amazed when I visited Paris. The cool thing for us dumb Americans is that the rest of the world tries to make it as easy as possible for us when we travel. In Europe, I didn't have much issue at all with communication. A ton of people speak English there. I kinda wonder what will happen with China becoming a more dominant force on the world stage. Chinese seems like a pain in the ass to learn. I bet it's easier for them to learn English than it is for us to learn Chinese, but it will be interesting to see how things play out. Will the world continue to be primarily driven by English communication or will Chinese start to become a bigger form of communication?

Chinese language isn't the future for many reasons.-China is ageing fast, incredibly fast, it could have 900 million inhabitants in 2100, so it would lose 400 million inhabitants.In the other hand English language countries are young and grow very fast : the US could win 200 million inhabitants, Nigeria has 150 million inhabitants today but could reach 600 million in 2100 (+450m),UK should add 13 million inhabitants, Canada should add 20-25 million,Australia could add 15-20...And English language is an official language in India (it will be more populated than China in 2025),in Phillipines (95m today,150m+ in 2100),in Pakistan (180m today,380m in 2050), in Ne Zealand,Ireland,South Africa...and so on.And by the way 300 million Chinese people learned or learns English, the goal of the Chinese government is to reach 600 millions in 2025.-English is an easy language, particularly in Europe and latin america, Chinese is considered as very difficult, the easiness is a strength of the English language.-Chinese is a regional language geographically, culturally, it's very focused on Asia..English is an official language on all continents, in many cultures, it helped it to become the dominant language.Rusian language didn't succeed to become a global language for this reason, it's become a regional language,and declining by the way.-And by the way, India will be the most populated country in 15 years, ahead of China and a much younger populated, in India English is an official language and could be dominant soon.
  • Like 1

When I did Spanish for A-Level what struck me most was how convoluted and unnecessarily complex the English language is.

That's what happens when your country is invaded by just about every empire and their language influences stick around.

Spanish and Portuguese have many similarities, you should think Spanish is easy.As a French I think Spanish is easy because the 2 languages are similar, with Latin roots.

English is easy, and very cool and so needed to have a good job, but I think the problem is that the pronunciation is difficult, the phonetics is terrible.I need to have a perfect English for my dream job, and talking it perfectly is pretty hard.The written English is easy.

Exactly !