A Marvel Fanboy

Battleship OS thread

300 million OS is not that good for a movie of this scale. I don't think comparing its gross to 2nd tier superheroes (Iron Man, Thor ~ around 250m) or historical epics (Robin Hood, JC, Prince of P ~ 200 m) make sense. This movie is a modern, global scale movie about alien invasions. Movies to compare would be the Transformers, ID4, or 2012. And it pales in comparison when the budget is about the same as others.This type of movie is designed to do extremely well OS. Domestically, I see 100 mil so WW should be around 400 million. Considering they spent 209 million on this (up to 250 even, according to Nikki) without marketing, this is not great.

300 million OS is not that good for a movie of this scale. I don't think comparing its gross to 2nd tier superheroes (Iron Man, Thor ~ around 250m) or historical epics (Robin Hood, JC, Prince of P ~ 200 m) make sense. This movie is a modern, global scale movie about alien invasions. Movies to compare would be the Transformers, ID4, or 2012. And it pales in comparison when the budget is about the same as others.This type of movie is designed to do extremely well OS. Domestically, I see 100 mil so WW should be around 400 million. Considering they spent 209 million on this (up to 250 even, according to Nikki) without marketing, this is not great.

Agree.This will be a miss even not a flop.

HR:

"At $58 million, Battleship is pacing 75 percent ahead of John Carter's opening and 78 percent of Wrath of the Titans and has a strong shot at ultimately grossing north of $300 million internationally"

Titans had Easter in its 2nd week, so Battleship is gonna fall harder.