Water Bottle

The Walking Dead | AMC

How many more can they kill off? It kind of sucks to see some of them drop. I think eventually some of the majors are going to bite it. And that is not good. I like Hershall and Andrea and Maggie and Glen and Darrel.....

So your the one that likes Andrea lol. They have to kill people off though. If they didnt it would get boring. I think Rick is the only safe one.

It really doesn't make much sense since the whole point of the Prison storyline in the comics is that Woodbury wins with a Pyrrhic Victory. They kill like half of the prison group and force the rest to free, but with such a high cost that the survivors murder the Governor.

Instead we get the Governor slaughtering most of the able-bodied people of Woodbury after they run, then disappearing with Martinez and random Black Guy while all the old folk, children, and the few other people join the Prison Group.

How is the Governor going to be a threat now that it's just him and 2 other dudes? Will he somehow take over that random gang that popped in for a couple episodes late in Season 2?

• Like 1

I think that may have been the reason AMC wanted a new showrunner

Yeah I think that all makes sense now.

I would have preferred the Prison/Woodbury story arc to be split over 2 13-episode seasons. End of the first half should have been Rick and others taken captive and Rick getting his hand chopped off, and a slow build over that season before the final episodes revealed that the Governor was total sadistic crazy.

Edited by 4815162342

Yeah I think that all makes sense now.I would have preferred the Prison/Woodbury story arc to be split over 2 13-episode seasons. End of the first half should have been Rick and others taken captive and Rick getting his hand chopped off, and a slow build over that season before the final episodes revealed that the Governor was total sadistic crazy.

Totally agree

Did they go and put themselves in a narrative hole?

No, not a narrative hole, just a strange way to conclude the season since it resolves the main storyline, but without resolving the biggest factor of that main storyline.

Yeah, I mean, I don't really understand what happened here. We know that the Governor is a sadist. But he's also a military strategist. It makes no logical sense to plow down his army like that. And what is the resolution there? That he's off on his own now?

Also too bad about Andrea - a character that was basically ruined this season. What was the point of all her games and playing both sides if she was going to ultimately die like that?

I liked it overall... the action was pretty good and there were some amazing scenes, mostly with Andrea and Milton.  Everything with The Governor kind of felt... short lived though.  The whole invasion was really brief and then they kind of leave.