Water Bottle

The Walking Dead | AMC

They weren't kids we knew, though. Killing off random kids we get to know in the space of an hour isn't really all that ballsy (in my opinion, I don't run a TV network so I may be wrong). I mean, an undead little girl got brained in the very first scene of the show.

Yeah but that was just an unknown girl. These were characters that were developed albeit shortly.

Just finished watching finale. I really enjoyed it except for some minor things. Namely the ending. I think it was a good cliffhanger, but at the same time a bad way to end the season. 

Surely they could have thought of something better.

With that said, I can't wait till next season. October is so far away though.  :(

• Like 1

I thought Rick doing that was a big shock. I think my jaw dropped when I saw it happen.  :lol:

As someone who hasn't watched the show with any commitment all since the end of S3 and is only watching it in the background while I  write an essay dick around on the internet, the scene had me on the edge of my seat all the way through and the payoff was more than satisfying. As bad as the writing tends to be, this show is pretty wonderfully shot/directed and that scene was pretty compelling stuff.

• Like 1

As someone who hasn't watched the show with any commitment all since the end of S3 and is only watching it in the background while I  write an essay dick around on the internet, the scene had me on the edge of my seat all the way through and the payoff was more than satisfying. As bad as the writing tends to be, this show is pretty wonderfully shot/directed and that scene was pretty compelling stuff.

Yeah, that scene was my favorite part of the episode and I too was on the edge of my seat the rest of the episode.  :o

I know a lot will probably disagree, but as a whole, this season was probably my favorite of the series so far.

Edited by Empire
  • Like 1

I wasn't crazy about the ending and you could see from 20 miles away that Terminus was bad news but I'm interested to see where it goes. Hopefully it's a temporary stay as suggested by Numbers, I'm ready for the gang to get out of Georgia.

Anyway TWD did something I previously thought impossible tonight. Made me feel bad for Carl. Wow.

• Like 4

It's become clear to me how the show could easily improve by leaps and bounds, and that would be for it to stop being so self-serious and embrace its ability to be fun. By "fun" I don't mean they need to start dropping one-liners and lighten the tone of the show, which wouldn't work; I mean it needs to stop worrying about being a "legitimate" drama with sad moments and crying and moral questions. Morality in the zombie apocalypse isn't the least bit interesting, because in the end the answer's always gonna be the same.

What the show needs is to push forward, gain more momentum, do interesting shit on a consistent basis. That doesn't mean that they can't develop the characters or that every episode needs to be an all-out action show, there just needs to be balance. You can have slightly self-contained episodes where characters get developed. But at the same time, the show needs to embrace its pulpy side and allow itself to be a kick-ass apocalyptic show instead of a serious drama.

A super intense scene where Rick bites a guy's throat out and goes to unbelievable means of brutality to save his son and friends is great, just like Rick going "They're fucking screwing with the wrong people" before ending the episode is great. Shane unloading a barn full of zombies in a rage and the girl they've been looking for is in there is great. Two characters getting kidnapped by this sinister fuck, with a female character nearly getting raped as part of an interrogation is great. The show needs to bring more of the great shit and simply stop worrying about the complex stuff. Because it isn't good at it. Nuanced character drama has rarely worked for this show (and usually seems forced), while putting the characters in intense situations almost always works, especially since it lets them develop organically. Go with what works.

Cut down on the episode count (12 is a good number). Keep the mid-season break because it lends itself well to an explosive episode in the middle of the season to keep things exciting. Pick up the pace, cut out all the filler. We don't need to take two whole episodes away from the main plot to develop a group of people who aren't going to be a long-term addition to the show anyway. They had that Woodbury episode in season three and a couple Governor episodes this season. What for? We didn't need a whole hour to learn that Woodbury's a nice place, Michonne thinks it's shady, and Andrea likes it. The Governor attacked the prison after those two episodes to be immediately killed off, and I don't believe a single character from those two episodes is still with us (I haven't been watching so I may be wrong). We damn sure don't need a whole episode about Rick adapting to life as a farmer, talking to some crazy girl in the woods, and the Harry Potter kid dying of a disease. If they cut out the bullshit and focus on the good parts this could be a very high quality show. Probably never the best on TV, but as it is now it's not even in the top fifteen best shows on TV.

Eh, not really since killing Lori off. For instance, they'll never kill off Daryl for fear of losing viewers, which is the opposite of ballsy.

They fucking chopped Hershal's head off with a machete.  That's ballsy.  They killed two kids, ballsy.

I don't want every character to die.  Darryl, Glen, Rick, those are the ones that need to stay in my opinion.  You have to have some to root for.

and yes, I liked the tonal shift in this episode.  Rick is ready to embrace his killer instinct.  

• Like 2

Yeah, that scene was my favorite part of the episode and I too was on the edge of my seat the rest of the episode.  :o

I know a lot will probably disagree, but as a whole, this season was probably my favorite of the series so far.

I thought this season was fucking great.  There was a lot of emotion in this one.  When Maggie and Glen find each other, I was happy lol, I know it sounds stupid, but I really was.  And when Carol told Tyrese that she killed his girlfriend, and then he forgave her, again, I got chills.  

• Like 2

I wish AMC hadn't softened Rick's language at the end, since in the comics he says "They're fucking with the wrong people."

Breaking Bad had its occasional F-bomb, let the Walking Dead have its fun too.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 3

I wish AMC hadn't softened Rick's language at the end, since in the comics he says "They're fucking with the wrong people."Breaking Bad had its occasional F-bomb, let the Walking Dead have its fun too.

Yeah, I haven't even read the comics and "screwing" stood out like a sore thumb.

I thought this season was fucking great.  There was a lot of emotion in this one.  When Maggie and Glen find each other, I was happy lol, I know it sounds stupid, but I really was.  And when Carol told Tyrese that she killed his girlfriend, and then he forgave her, again, I got chills.  

I agree. This season was full of emotion.

• Like 1

I personally loved the finale.

When they made you thought they ate the half of the group that showed up last episode, I was like "no way...no"  

Then of course to see badass Rick back was awesome.  When he basically gutted the one guy and never stopped stabbing him, was crazy.   And like baumer, hopefully more throat biting happens :P

As for the last line, Andrew Lincoln says he did it with the f-bomb but yeah of course AMC had to go with the other version.

• Like 2

This really sucks though.  October?  Are you friggin kidding me?  

I know, it's really rough.  The first season was even worse though, when it only had 6 episodes and then it was gone for basically a whole year.  I don't know how I made it through

• Like 2