cookie

CAYOM Y4 - Discussion Thread

The Square Mile is fully posted on Page 9.

If you are the one person who read it back in the original BOM days, there's been some general fine-tuning, and I included a couple subplots/character arcs not present in the original version.

@Rorschach Tomorrow will be the Day of the American Revolution

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

@cookie Pidge was very good in The Nun, even though the movie around her was pretty bad.

I also heard praise for IRL Pidge in that Hellfest movie even if reviews were otherwise poor. Two good Pidges in otherwise poor horror movies in one month.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Xillix said:

...the reason being I just ran over a bee while I was mowing the lawn and went "oh hey that movie had bees and lawnmowers running over things"

I accidentally killed a bee with my chair a few weeks ago. Poor bastard didn't see it coming.

I have a confession I really feel I need to make, and it involves Voltron (and other stuff):

Spoiler

This has been some grueling past couple of weeks for me. Needless to say I’ve been feeling quite stressed out. And the work I’ve been desperately trying to finish here has played a part in that.

Those gaps I mentioned a bit earlier? I looked them over and I realized it’s worse than I thought. Like I have mapped out what I want to do to fill those gaps but they are still so many and they are among some of the worst parts that I consistently get stuck with. There’s still a massive gap in the first act especially that kills me trying to even work with. And now I have maybe two days to turn that around, and it all just makes me feel very tired and drained. Just this past week I’ve been spending almost entire days writing, and writing, and writing whenever I can (whenever I don’t have IRL stuff I HAVE to do, of course), and yet the closer I get the further that end goal seems to become.

Probably hasn’t helped that I caught a really bad cold last week that pushed a lot of things back and I still suffer from coughing fits in the fallout.

Like I am at the verge of a complete burnout but I would absolutely hate having to pull out when I feel like I’m getting so close. Finishing the third act today really made me want to see it through to the end but goddamn if those gaps left aren’t sucking my soul dry, especially one bit that’s kind of an important crux to the whole thing that I’ve been putting off for so long. If things don’t improve tomorrow I might actually lose it and just call it quits.

Plus not being able to finish Voltron has drained me from being able to finish Gargoyles and Animal Crossing too. Y4 overall has been really terrible for me.

And I don’t even want to think about that word count *shudder*

• Sad 6

Super sorry I haven’t been super responsive to your PMs, @cookie. I completely sympathize with you on Y4 being a brutal year to work through.

If there’s anything you need help with, don’t hesitate to let ne know. I’ll be out shopping for a lot of tomorrow, but I’ll try to do anything I can.

• Like 1

@Xillix @cookie @Spagheditary @Hiccup23 @Blankments @Ethan Hunt @Reddroast @Sears 

@4815162342 @Rorschach

Now I have a radical thought, so just bare with me here. What if we closed the first half of the year (January-June) on Monday as planned, and the second half of the year (July-December) like 2 weeks after (10/15). As tbh most of the first half is filled barring a few things and it gives time for others to finish their big hits or films they want to make (Voltron, Starlight, Fortnight, Roger Rabbit, etc). Reviews would still be open of course, but only for the first half of the year.

Also @cookie sorry to hear about that, if there’s any help you need I’d be glad to give my services.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2