YM!

YourMother’s Fear IV Reviews: Pumpkin Spiced Fall Edition From The Crypt

🅱Y THE 🅱ALLS 🏈 🏀 🎾 

You know when Blankments first said about this satire, I was really excited for it, especially after sadly Hiccup’s We Are The Ants couldn’t make it, becoming my most anticipated non tentpole film of the year aside from Starlit Highway (hoping @Spagheditary worked that Spark rush magic with it). After take a breather to regain my thoughts, I thought it was a pretty good satire. Olivia Cooke and Bradley Cooper were the obvious stand outs, there was some pretty funny parts here and there, and all and all an interesting read. It’s a well made film. The ending I was a bit mixed on but it grew on me. However, this movie suffers from one main problem, besides from Awkwafina and A’ja Wilson, none of the characters stood out feeling either uninteresting or somewhat one dimensional but then again it is a satire. The humor is also a bit hit and miss for me but the hits I found myself howling. Personally, this a very strong satire and a good film, just needs a bit more work for greatness.

8.0/10.0 (feels good to break this one in.)

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Since I only have Renosance to read for August, I’m letting y’all choose either between September reviews or three of these films (the ones with the most votes win):

Lucid

The Amityville Nightmare: Part 2

Samurai Pizza Cats 2

Santa Claus: Ultimate Badass

Leviathan

Guys and Dolls

You have until 7:30 EST to decide.

Resonance

This is a pretty solid psychological thriller with a strong performance by Paul Giamitti. I liked it.

7.5/10.0

Guardian of The West

A solid western documentary with Cranston. I got nothing else to say.

6.5/10.0

Small Film Blitz:

The Swarm

A campy but entertaining disaster B movie with killer bees but stellar cast.

6.2/10.0

Outside Man

A decent if albeit forgettable successor to Inside Man.

5.3/10.0

Leviathan 

So this is British Mulan with giant sky monsters. I dig it. 

6.4/10.0

5 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Since I only have Renosance to read for August, I’m letting y’all choose either between September reviews or three of these films (the ones with the most votes win):

Lucid

The Amityville Nightmare: Part 2

Samurai Pizza Cats 2

Leviathan

Guys and Dolls

You have until 7:30 EST to decide.

Santa

Today/Tonight:

September

Samurai Pizza Cats 2

SANTA CLAUS: ULTIMATE BADASS

THE AMITYVILLE NIGHTMARE: PART II

FORTNIGHT

Tomorrow: 

October/November/December

Saturday Night:

Top 25

• Like 1

Samurai Pizza Cats 2

This is basically TTAFFBH for kids and I have to say even if it’s a bit juvenile and character development is non existent, it’s more enjoyable than it’s predecessor and is a bit of a blast if you enjoy a good cartoony flick. However I may be in the minority

6.8/10.0

B movies are coming back people and better than ever. This is fun and balls to the wall insane, albeit at times cringey flick. Not to mention GOD Cena

7.0/10.0

Citizen Welles

A unemotional and by the numbers biopic that barely entertains.

4.0/10.0

Big Enough

This is a shitty western and Adam DeVine is the shit cherry on top.

2.3/10.0

Lucid

A trippy but very well done Inspection eqsue action flick from Rian Johnson that tends to wow.

7.4/10.0

Tulpa

Unlike, Slenderman, this Creppypasta horror movie is great. An excellent psychological horror flick that actually elicits some eerie great scenes and Heaton plays the lead strongly however it fails to really make much scares in my opinion. I enjoyed way more than I expected.

8.0/10.0

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rorschach said:

@YourMother the Edgelord Yeah that Slenderman movie was pretty garbage. Came out half a decade too late and at a point where the character is no longer scary anymore.

I will say that me and my friends had a good time watching that film and laughing our asses off.

Out of reactions but I agree.